Home

Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good

This is a discussion on Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #25
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
Honestly, if you are incapable of understanding that in real life, one gm cannot do all of the things that you are asking to do, then I can't help you. We are talking about mygm mode, what do you think is wrong with it, not including things that are unrealistic to the mode.

This is like you telling me that in my career you want the ability to sign free agents or make trades. And you are angry because you feel limited. Do players in the real world have this ability?

Now, if the only thing that you find wrong with mygm is that it is not association mode, which is similar, but in concept cannot be the same, then we shouldn't bother continuing this discussion.

I'm just trying to see what others like and don't like about the mode, encompassing what the mode is supposed to be
What you don't understand is that most people don't want to role play as a single GM.

We aren't interested in recreating a linear and limiting single role within the league. We want to recreate the league itself in one of two ways.

1. Just like we see in real life

2. Our image of how the league as a whole should unfold.

The reason its redundant is that we already have a single person role playing mode in MyPlayer. The larger majority is not interested in replicating a single role as a GM but wish to play out and control an entire league.

3-4 pages in and you're the only person who sees it your way.

Again I'm not discounting all your thoughts and I do think some elements of an RPG environment can effectively cross over to an Association mode but not at the expense of user control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #26
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
Isn't this thread about mygm?
Yes. However, when you and your closed-mind go and openly criticize a mode well loved by everyone, someone has to speak up on it.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
Old 01-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
i stopped reading here.

why is fantasy draft mode in then?? thats even more un realistic.....why is my rookie a top 5 pick in my career as 60 something overall? even more un realistic.....why does the cpu shoot 75% from 3 and take 40 of them on default sliders? thats even more un realistic.

VC is the XP or mygm....same as mycareer....the problem people have with VC is that it is buyable.....im willing to bet anything that if VC wasn't purchasable nearly 99% of the bitching about it would be gone...its a necesity...you cant walk into the NBA and be the greatest GM of all time

by the by 30 team control isnt one GM controlling all teams....its you playing as 30 gms...
It is unrealistic, in my opinion it should be removed.

Why? Bad draft. Look at the stats of the guy the cavs drafted, things happen.

The CPU doesn't shoot 75% from 3 and I have the slider at 47.

Is vc a necessity? Sure. If ur playing an RPG, I hope you don't think you can win without leveling up, the boss would kill you right? So in 2k,u would just get fired if you are unable to complete your goals at your current level.

So you want to have 30 gms? Lol, you can't even have 30 my players so that couldn't happen at all.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #28
Banned

I dont know y you people are entertaining this guy RED BULL. He is comparing a real life bball gm to a video game mode CALLED MYGM. He loses all credibility right there. Thread closed
Old 01-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #29
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

red bull you clearly have the reading level of a todler.

not once did i mention the NBA draft or custom sliders.

not to mention no where did i say vc was/wasnt a necessity....

this is one of them dumb threads that will collect 20 pages of responses then someone will finally decided it should have been closed
Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny514
Yes. However, when you and your closed-mind go and openly criticize a mode well loved by everyone, someone has to speak up on it.
I'm not saying don't speak on it, but you are mad at one game mode, because it isn't another. Isn't that unfair?

That's like looking at porsche and looking at a benz and getting mad at the porsche becuse it isn't a benz. Sure they have similarity in that they are both cars, but they are different experiences.

I don't get how you can be so closed minded in that you can't discuss one thing and what u like and don't like, without comparing it to something else.

Don't you understand why it can't be association?

Can you not do everything you asked in a quick game modes. You can have all the control you want, put any player where u want, male ur own schedule. Heck, I'll give u a piece of paper so u can keep your own stats. All the control you want, becuse quick game allows it.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
What you don't understand is that most people don't want to role play as a single GM.

We aren't interested in recreating a linear and limiting single role within the league. We want to recreate the league itself in one of two ways.

1. Just like we see in real life

2. Our image of how the league as a whole should unfold.

The reason its redundant is that we already have a single person role playing mode in MyPlayer. The larger majority is not interested in replicating a single role as a GM but wish to play out and control an entire league.

3-4 pages in and you're the only person who sees it your way.

Again I'm not discounting all your thoughts and I do think some elements of an RPG environment can effectively cross over to an Association mode but not at the expense of user control.

Thank you for this response, but if people don't want to be one gm, don't play the mode, and don't complain about not being able to do certain things in it that go against what the mode is , go play quick game, all the control they want is there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
red bull you clearly have the reading level of a todler.

not once did i mention the NBA draft or custom sliders.

not to mention no where did i say vc was/wasnt a necessity....

this is one of them dumb threads that will collect 20 pages of responses then someone will finally decided it should have been closed
Woops, I thought you were talking about the draft in mygm, i apologize

And if you are going to criticize ones reading ability, I would at least hope you type with proper grammar and know sentences start with CAPITAL LETTERS.

I'm sure I've committed the same mistake somewhere in this thread myself, but I suggest you not call out others when u have flaws as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »