Home

Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good

This is a discussion on Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I think it's pretty clear what I meant. I should be able to play MyGM without having to pay the VC toll to do what I want. It's restrictive and there is no point to it other than to line 2K's pockets.

I haven't spent a dime on VC and don't plan to. But you wanted people to stop whining about VC in MyGM. Well, they shouldn't stop, and they're not going to stop as long as 2K keeps this crud in the game.

One of the main reasons that people want to customize attributes and have trade overrides is to promote realism. Most people don't say, "Crap! The CPU made a good trade! I need to stop this!", they say "Oh, my god. The CPU just traded Kevin Durant to Miami for Joel Anthony and a bag of chips. I need to save them from themselves."

Sometimes you have to give up realism on one end to get more on the other. That's just the way it works.

2K removed several elements of customization from the game so they could implement a new mode that utilizes, wait for it... more VC. That seems like a fair complaint to me.
We all understand the toll, but you are give so much vc already that you really are just complaining to complain at this point.

Would you say this same thing of vc wasn't purchasable? This mode needed some type of xp in order for it to work how they wanted it to
Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
We shouldn't discuss those things because have already established the flaws of those. No point having a circle jerk over stuff we already acknowledge

Mygm limits user control because it has to in order to have you play the role

Should we complain about my career because you can't trade players or sign free agents?
I must ask, do you play the games in MyGM? Because general managers would never do that. In my book, if you're playing the role of general manager in MyGM and you play the games, you're cheating.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
Banned

RED BULL IS TROLLING.

He know damn well when he popped in the next gen version of nba 2k14 last night for the first time the first thing on his mind was to control every team and trade kobe bryant to the miami heat for mario chalmers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I must ask, do you play the games in MyGM? Because general managers would never do that. In my book, if you're playing the role of general manager in MyGM and you play the games, you're cheating.
Has bill Russell played and coached? Has pat Riley changed prices while being a gm? Does doc rivers have final say on trades for the clippers?

That's what this mode was founded on incorporating all 3 into 1 essentially, under mygm
Old 01-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
RED BULL IS TROLLING.

He know damn well when he popped in the next gen version of nba 2k14 last night for the first time the first thing on his mind was to control every team and trade kobe bryant to the miami heat for mario chalmers.
I actually traded bosh and Chalmers for rondo, then flipped him for cousins. Unreal? Sure, but it's my team, and the CPU chose to accept the deal.

If the cpu was the Heat and did the same thing? So what, the cpu is the Heat, and that was their decision
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
I actually traded bosh and Chalmers for rondo, then flipped him for cousins. Unreal? Sure, but it's my team, and the CPU chose to accept the deal.

If the cpu was the Heat and did the same thing? So what, the cpu is the Heat, and that was their decision
lol, oh man, you're not doing yourself any favors posting that dude, just sayin. I'm unsure whether you're trolling or not. You don't seem to care much about realism, and i think that may be the big difference in the line of thinking between you and the majority of other posters here.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Has bill Russell played and coached? Has pat Riley changed prices while being a gm? Does doc rivers have final say on trades for the clippers?

That's what this mode was founded on incorporating all 3 into 1 essentially, under mygm
Wait, are you saying you play the role of general manager, coach, and every single player on the floor at any given time? With curiosity, how is that even vaguely realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
lol, oh man, you're not doing yourself any favors posting that dude, just sayin. I'm unsure whether you're trolling or not. You don't seem to care much about realism, and i think that may be the big difference in the line of thinking between you and the majority of other posters here.
So if a trade in the game goes against real life, I shouldn't do it?

So if during the summer I wanted to trade deng for Bynum, I couldn't because the bulls wouldn't do it, but not that they did in real life, it's ok for me to go ahead?

I can trade who I please, lol. As long as it is within the scope of the nba rules, I can sign and trade who I want, wherever I want.

So unless in real life you find me a gm that controls 30 teams, I would hope you don't critique me for being unrealistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »