Home

has anyone found a fix for not being able to dunk in mycareer

This is a discussion on has anyone found a fix for not being able to dunk in mycareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: has anyone found a fix for not being able to dunk in mycareer

crookid your not even being usefull...my dunk tendency is a 0, i have multiple simple packages, and wide open paths to the rim and it is layups.... if you arent actually going to read what im saying dont respond.....i know how to dunk...my player apparently didnt....
Old 01-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #18
Rookie

yessam430's Arena

OVR: 0

I had to get like the Sprite Posterizer skill and from then on it worked fine. My guy only laid up until after I got that now he dunks all the time.

I also worked to max out his dunk, strength, vertical and offensive awareness.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #19
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

my sf, 6"7, 3ptr cannot dunk.

I put the free sprite dunk packages and did not put any of the free dunks or dunks that could be purchased by vc. In spite of putting the vertical=75; dunk=45 he's still not dunking. So i replaced the free sprite and put some free dunks on the first 3 slots for dunks and then add the sprite, whoola... my player could dunk.

hope this makes sense.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #20
All Star

turty11's Arena

yea.. apparently the sprite packages are bugged and if its your only ones you cant dunk....pretty stupid but i guess that is to be expected with 2k
Old 01-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #21
MVP

canucksss's Arena

funny thing is that it used to work....i cant remember though which one came first, patch #3 or the sprite dunk packages....but im sure it was the packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #22
All Star

turty11's Arena

i started my career after patch 3 and the sprites worked at first but then after the server issues they havent worked at all for me on any player
Old 01-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
i started my career after patch 3 and the sprites worked at first but then after the server issues they havent worked at all for me on any player
same with me, right after patch #3 was released i made a new mc, where I ended up with Blazers. Im enjoying it, we're currently 2nd in the west 35-15 and Okl is 36-17.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
crookid your not even being usefull...my dunk tendency is a 0, i have multiple simple packages, and wide open paths to the rim and it is layups.... if you arent actually going to read what im saying dont respond.....i know how to dunk...my player apparently didnt....
Obviously it's you who does not read. Tendencies are built, they aren't preset. Tendencies have nothing to do with not dunking. If you never dunk, your tendencies will stay at 0. If you dunk more than your tendencies for dunk will get higher.

Also, like I said previously, maybe you should refrain from being rude to people trying to help you. If you're not going to listen to directions or do what people (me) are telling you, then why create a thread.

Stop blaming the game and thinking about how good or bad the responses are when you are the one asking for help. Once again, it is apparent you are starting your dunk too close to the hoop. And stop saying you know how to dunk because if you did, you wouldn't be asking.

If you still can't dunk, why don't you upload a video of you laying up when you are open. Perhaps that will give clearer insight as to what is going wrong.

Like I said before, I accidentally shoot when I try to dunk, NEVER LAYUP, because that's how far I start my dunk. If you are accidentally laying up LIKE YOU SAY, than you are starting to close to the hoop.

Last edited by Crookid; 01-17-2014 at 12:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »