Home

Anybody explain this... WTF

This is a discussion on Anybody explain this... WTF within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Anybody explain this... WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
40 points in seven minutes? thats unreal.
Lillard scored 14 points in 49 seconds last week.
Like for real

I saw it
Old 01-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #10
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
I kind of figured a way around it.. Pretty straight forward.

If you have the lead, and your guys are missing easy shots and the CPU is making every shot, call a timeout. Now, you HAVE to score and not commit a turnover on your next play.

Quickly get back on defense, and do whatever it takes to make them miss. Fouling sometimes throws them off, since they can't do an alley oop to get their momentum up.

If you stop them, make sure you score on your next play. Don't take any dumb shots, use picks, try to go for a high percentage shot.

If you score, their scripted momentum will slow down. They will probably call a time out, trying to do the same to you..

Just focus, don't get mad. I've suffered those late runs too, in my career. But in my career, if you stop the momentum when you aren't supposed to, you will get subbed out and when you come back in, you will be down by 9 to 14 points.. Only to have to try and slow down their scripted momentum once again.

I don't understand why they can't make it realistic instead of cheesy. If I miss, let it be my fault, not some predetermined event.. Where all my players start missing and forget how to dribble, and breathe.
Wait a second there. You mean that if I score more points than the other team it will prevent such runs?
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg521988
So I'm playing in season mode with Miami and against Dallas, in 4th quarter, 7 minutes left, game tied at 80.... CPU goes on a 40-11 run, end up losing 120-91 WTF??
Its the comeback code people talk about on here.

I have seen that too a lot. Im guessing in the 4Q the CPU shot 70% and you shot 35% right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg521988
So I'm playing in season mode with Miami and against Dallas, in 4th quarter, 7 minutes left, game tied at 80.... CPU goes on a 40-11 run, end up losing 120-91 WTF??
Although no where near as huge as 40 points in seven minutes, I had the Pistons score 45 points in the 4th quarter to beat me just recently. I lead the ENTIRE game, I was up by 20 going into half time, the 45 they scored in the 4th was more than they had in the first half combined.

A few nights later I dismantled the Heat. The difference, I believe is not only keeping up with your P.O.E's and making defensive adjustments (the PF shouldn't always guard the PF, etc.) but also, playing a slower paced game.

I rarely, if ever jump out on the break in this game, unless it's a 100% guarantee that my player will receive the pass and finish at the rim. On a missed shot from the CPU, I always hold onto the ball, wait and bring it up court with one of my guards. And I ALWAYS run a play, regardless if the play breaks down or not, it keeps your CPU teammates moving, and not just standing in the corners and on the blocks. Doing this, I've had a lot more success since that Pistons game. I'm not saying the fast break, or getting out in transition doesn't work at all, it just doesn't work for me, so I just don't do it unless I get into the passing lane/steal the ball.

I think a lot of players are aware it's the 4th quarter, and they know the CPU is going to make a run, so they get thrown off of the game that they've been playing for the first 3 quarters. When you start trying to go shot for shot with the CPU in this game, you're finished. The frustration will lead to you running down the court and chucking up 3's with Thaddeus Young, knowing damn well dude can't shoot the trey. The "momentum" factor in this game is HUGE, probably to a fault, once somebody like LeBron James or Stephen Curry get hot, it's nearly impossible to stop. Drawing fouls, playing a slow, deliberate offense, getting (and knocking down) good looks, and of course calling time outs all help slow that down, I can attest to that. Sometimes you're going to have to let the stars "get theirs" and shut down the rest of the team. Learning how to play good on-ball defense in this game is an absolute must.

These are some of the things that have helped me when playing against the CPU in 2K.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

OVR: 0

I experienced something like this- but the run wasn't as bad as your game.

I was up going into the half 54-41, I was playing extremely good defense with the Lakers [challenging the Wolves in Minnesota]. Coming out in the 3rd, Kobe, who was 8/10 went 0/6- Pau couldn't make layups and McGee, who I've gotten really good with was beginning to do wacky stuff instead of dunking.

Long story short- about 3 minutes into the 3rd, [I play 10 minute quarters] Minnesota went on a 22-4 run, Rubio was slashing my defense and I was in awe. I managed to come back as their run and momentum died in the 4th and allowed me to catch up, but damn.. after a really solid half of offense and defense.. the game goes haywire to give the CPU a shot to comeback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »