Home

For the love of FUN ...season mode??? Old school???

This is a discussion on For the love of FUN ...season mode??? Old school??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: For the love of FUN ...season mode??? Old school???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Yes, but very bare bones...and NOT 30 team control....just one team control. To set lineups for teams you need to unlock stuff??? really!!!??? Blah ! Love the gameplay...hate the "Season GM" mode..it sucks. sorry, but true.
There is no unlocking at all in season mode. You can trade any players between teams. It seems to give you the option of setting rotations, but the changes dont stick.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

bottom line for me....no 30 team total control = fail. There is a lock symbol over the lineups of all 30 teams in regards to allocating minutes, etc.....

why can't they just put in a simple season mode with total control?

I still do not get this new approach to next gen.... I hope it was because of being the first version to come out and they will put season mode ( Total team control...OFFLINE ) back in....

we'll see...

I won't buy next year for sure....if not.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0
For the love of FUN ...season mode??? Old school???

I'm not surprised there is no season mode with 30-team control anymore.

When 2K brings in their game testers to get feedback... Just look at who they select - the guys on YouTube, who never criticize 2k, just praise them. (ie a bunch of new school "yes men" who will be mesmerized by the opportunity to meet Ronnie 2k and the Dev Team. )

So of course 2k won't get the type of feedback found in this very thread.

None of those guys would dare question the decisions of the Dev team. They just want a free hotel room, a free trip, free 2k games & more youtube subscribers. That's it. They are not looking to provide meaningful input into the development of the game. And judging by the direction this game is going in, it's clear that 2k would never bring anyone who could provide meaningful dialogue into their offices to test their game. Or discuss it frankly.

This year is the only year I can recall any of those YouTube bloggers even mildly complaining about NBA 2K. Some have never said a word. Ever.

So I'm not surprised that 30-team control is missing.

Because there's probably nobody around that could defend "why it's needed" to the 2k Devs or the Execs.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 01-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #12
Rookie

well said Roger ... that said... how many people would like to see 30 team control in offline season mode return? just wondering, other than myself?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonIsGod
This is the only sports game that actually has a season mode...
NHL and The show have just season modes.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Yep. I honestly have no desire to go next gen with the direction sports games have gone. I like having CONTROL, so I'm still playing 2k14 and freaking madden 12 on 360 lol. I hate auto save too! I have to be so careful I don't sim a game or do something irreversible. All these restrictions suck, 2K! It doesn't hurt to remove them. 2K knows that a part of their fan base are hardcore association guys so I don't think they would continually burn them so maybe it will make a comeback because MyGm is definitely not the kind of thing I'm interested in.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 01-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #15
Rookie

well said raider phantom ! I'm with you.... i am in my 40's and have loved control since i was in my 20's and Tecmo Super Bowl !!! They are kind of crapping on me in my 40's discounting my age group. It's like they are catering to 20 and younger now, only. Crazy marketing!!! Just put a season mode in for offliners too!!! how hard ! keep your entire audience.....because I used to say I was not going to buy a game in my 20's and 30's, but always would....well, when i got into my 40's i stopped buying games that did not have features in them that i wanted. When you do not listen whole hearted to your entire fan base...that is failure and the start of a decline. Total control season modes offline are vital to probably a million or so gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just got the game and was VERY dissapointed to notice that you can't control every team in season mode!! So basically I can't set rotations for every team + make transactions during the season.

I heard you need to unlock this, is that corrent or did I misunderstood? Also the roster modification overall is just horrible. But I still like the gameplay, graphics and the game overall. It's just that these "little" things bother me very very much

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »