Home

Posting up is pointless - leads to turnover almost immediately

This is a discussion on Posting up is pointless - leads to turnover almost immediately within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Posting up is pointless - leads to turnover almost immediately

I swear to god, if nba2k15 HOF is too easy because of all the whine threads from people who obviously are bad and have no desire to learn how to play; I will lose my mind.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: Posting up is pointless - leads to turnover almost immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Another thing i've noticed that's pretty bad about posting up. When mismatched with a smaller defender, say a center vs a point guard. If you get it to them deep in the post and try to go up, often this just leads to the ball being stripped. Happens about 75% of the time, which is way too much.
Well that situation is really the only time i look to post up - when the defenders rotate over because of a pick, and my 6"7 SF has s height and strength mismatch over the smaller SG/PG. My ball handling/security/post-offense is maxed out so just because a PG has a high steal attribute and pick pocket sig move I shouldnt be getting the ball tipped away every time when i post up. My height, weight and strength advantage coupled with my attributes should be more than enough to successfully back down a smaller opponent.

I never feel the need to post up on the opposition forwards because my slashing SF with a speed of 90 can usually beat them off the dribble, cutting through the lane or work the P&R. Maybe i should just post up on the forwards anyway.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #35
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Posting up is pointless - leads to turnover almost immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine_Man
If you know all of the moves, which i have taken the time to learn, then you can really score at will. Being aware of the other players around you is important.

Try posting up after calling a Quick post up or Iso. It gets the players out of your way and you can see a double team coming and hit the open man.

If anything the low post defense needs a little bit of work. You should be able to guess which way the player is going to go. I still for the life of me cant figure out how to pull the chair consistently.
Can you please share how you pull the chair... I am guessing you do this only when they are aggressively backing down. Do you simply just move out of the way? Wouldn't you be worried about them spinning baseline or to the key for a really easy shot?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »