Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
I wonder what a reviewer would give the game now aware that VC was going to be incorporated into every facet of the game. I find it to be a joke that NBA 2k14 has taken the ball with micro transactions and completely killed the opening next gen release. I was a completely satisfied customer since they brought me back to an NBA game in 2K11, it helps that they had classic teams, that's what got me. I enjoyed them for the last 4 years only to be let down by the current PS4 release. Until they patch in Association mode, create a player, create a shoe and local HD saves, i won't be a satisfied customer. REMOVE VC in MYGM and create a shoe. We got these features for free, use VC to offer us more classic teams and for MyPlayer. In this current state this game is a slap in the face
Old 01-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
I think MyPlayer is fun with the exception of play calling. But I wasn't as "hyped" as everyone else was. The game is not perfect but for some of us it is fine. The amount of effort and time people write these articles makes me laugh more than the issues with the game. There is a new one every three days, be disappointed or love it...BUT PLEASE MOVE ON.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
You didn't even mention that Team up with friends hasn't worked at ALL for XB1 since launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Great write up. 2k has no choice but to clean up the mess they made this year, no denying that. With that said, this is still the next gen title I play the most...and one of the few true next gen experiences of these releases..

2k has some serious trust building to do between now and 2k15 though, can't blame anyone but themselves...
Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #13
Rookie

I was really jones-ing for a new system and next-gen 2K14, but after all of this? I'm really pleased with my incrementally upgraded, yet, fully functional 2K14 for 360.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8
Another thing I've found very frustrating:

their PR department is so slow to admit to any issues - a friend and I have wasted about 2 hours trying to play h2h games, and join the same park with 0 success

It would be much nicer if 2k actually gave us a list of issues and what ones are being addressed in the next patch, instead of us doing the equivalent of banging our head into a brick wall
Old 01-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I returned my copy defective and went back to my NBA 2K13 Association. I'm wondering if NBA 2K13 will turn into NFL 2K5 or College Hoops 2K8 for me, since I do not plan to purchase another 2K basketball game until some sanity and polish returns to the series.

Also, I plan to give NBA Live a try next year if 2K insists on continuing down the single player hating, microtransactions loving road it's on now. It unacceptable to ruin such a great franchise with horrible server connectivity mandates across single player modes and then take it a step further by not even messing up the game properly with stable servers, so no one notices until server support stops and their disc is a coaster.
I echo your sentiments. I'm very hopeful that 2K steps back to reality (away from so much virtual currency, online requirements for everything, removal of most customization options) but I worry. I might actually favor 2K12 to 2K13, so hopefully that doesn't become my NFL 2K5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
I wonder what a reviewer would give the game now aware that VC was going to be incorporated into every facet of the game. I find it to be a joke that NBA 2k14 has taken the ball with micro transactions and completely killed the opening next gen release. I was a completely satisfied customer since they brought me back to an NBA game in 2K11, it helps that they had classic teams, that's what got me. I enjoyed them for the last 4 years only to be let down by the current PS4 release. Until they patch in Association mode, create a player, create a shoe and local HD saves, i won't be a satisfied customer. REMOVE VC in MYGM and create a shoe. We got these features for free, use VC to offer us more classic teams and for MyPlayer. In this current state this game is a slap in the face
I'm with you here as well.

That said, I'll be curious to see how 2K promotes their next product. Will they acknowledge 2K14 as an absolute mess and come clean on all of its shortcomings and poor directions (again, the always online, the mega-RPG implementation, VC, lack of customization, and removal of local saves) or will the marketing folks attempt to pretend nothing bad ever happened and use their previous year's review scores as a jumpoff point for how successful the 2K brand has been all these years? I'm doubting it'll be the latter, but it'll still be interesting to see how any new information or knowledge for 2K15 is received next year. I predict the consumer skepticism may be as widespread as we've ever seen for a 2K basketball product, even if 2K makes big money promises.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-20-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #16
Just started!

I would give them a pass for this because it is the new generation systems, but this has been happening since last gen. Its ridiculous

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »