Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #17
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13
After I lost my myCareer player to the "Staring ********* ********" I traded the game in. NBA 2k has lost my business for quite sometime.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #18
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Well written article. Summed up the peoples' thoughts on the current state of the game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #19
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1

Lmao, I had no idea that good players had to be unlocked with VC in blacktop mode. These guys have no shame!

MyTeam fits the mobile gaming business model to a T, by the way. I've played games that offer tiered "booster packs", never paid a dime for any, but it was essentially the same thing. This stuff is simply inexcusable.

Last edited by Zab; 01-20-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #20
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Nice write up Jayson. These issues below are the MAIN reason I've only played a handful of games.

AI defenders overhelp, abandoning their man in situations where they should be staying home.
Shooting percentages are way too high; jump shots are too easy to make.
Too many guards are taking and making running floaters.
Too many post players are taking and making spinning baseline fadeaways.
Players' movement and dribbling animations remain marred by sliding and warping.
Defenders' hands regularly clip through the ball instead of knocking it loose.
The Point of Emphasis system is not an acceptable substitute for individual defensive assignments.
The court size feels too small when compared to the players' proportions and their movement speed.

IMO, 2k14 is the hot girl who keeps cheating on you, but keep taking her back cause she's a 10. Watching replays sickens me to the point I just start taking snap shots of the game because it's so good looking.
Haha, perfect metaphor
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zab
Lmao, I had no idea that good players had to be unlocked with VC in blacktop mode. These guys have no shame!

MyTeam fits the mobile gaming business model to a T, by the way. I've played games that offer tiered "booster packs", never paid a dime for any, but it was essentially the same thing. This stuff is simply inexcusable.
yea making ppl buy the good players on blacktop for the past two years now has made me not even want to touch blacktop, that and the fact that players make just about everything on blacktop no matter what their ratings are or how good the defense is played on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm wondering if 2K is too deep in their direction to make a significant change. Or I'm wondering if they're in panic mode right now, trying to find a way to adequately back-pedal and restructure their off-court product back toward something that resembles real life, fun, and customization, all in time for 2K15's October release.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-20-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
Just started!

OVR: 0
They don't address cutomer service issues and they are microtransacting me to death. 2k has turned into EA. They were a market leader who took their positioning for granted and decided to crap on its fan base by "fee-ing" them to death. I WILL NOT support a company who holds a product I spent $60 on hostage.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #24
Rookie

Turbo Lax 33's Arena

OVR: 3
Sold mine back for $30. So i lost $35 and heres what i got.

20 games into a season after 2 months. I paid $1.75 per game. This doesn't take into account all the times i couldn't play because their server was down. Or the frustration and fear that my season may corrupt and i lose everything.

This product was completely unacceptable and i for one will hesitate before buying this product ever again. That doesn't mean i won't but it won't be on release day and it most certainly won't be before reviews are in and forums are scoured to find out if some of these issues plague future releases.

I certainly hope some heads roll at 2K. Whomever decided that VC was necessary for every aspect of the game and that an internet connection be required to play the most basic modes ought to be fired if they haven't already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »