Home

A hardcore perspective

This is a discussion on A hardcore perspective within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A hardcore perspective

I play 2k all year around. I put in the time to learn every move i can. The gameplay is amazing. The graphics are jaw dropping. I applaud the devs of 2k for certain aspects of the game.

it being a new generation i expected some issues. As of right now 4/5 game modes are not playable. This is unacceptable. The fact that 2k is not taking any accountability for this is astonishing. People contacting the support twitter page and them being directed to the troubleshooting a connection page is ridiculous. Most of the tweets say the are connected to the internet and cannot connect to 2k servers. The VC in this game is not going to go anywhere. And i don't mind micro transactions if it is done right. This game just nickles and dimes you like a bully turning you upside down for your lunch money. And with all that money you would think they would hire a competent person to run the servers and/or buy some that actually work. I dont know if they cant handle the amount of people or if it is just not being run correctly.

In any case these servers have been bad for years and years. In the year 2014 and when your game is tied to online connectivity this is unacceptable. I am guessing that about 1/4 or customers are going to return this game and i dont want that to happen. This game is awesome. Lack of execution on beta testing and feedback from the fans is going to bring this franchise down. EA has the resources to make a comeback.

From my "hardcore" perspective. Online gaming is where the competition is at.
That is where the fun is at. Right now the online modes are 1v1, Teamup, Park and MyTeam. Teamup hasn't worked since launch and is my favorite mode. MyCareer player has now been corrupted and cannot access it or MyGM. The roster files do not go to every person for some reason. Half the time i load the game up i will have the Default rosters despite being connected to the 2k server. The lag on this game is the worst in the business of videogames. The servers on this game are the worst in the business of videogames. How can this still be an issue? Are you guys kidding? 2k9 bad servers. 2k10 aweful servers. 2k11 got a little better but still bad. 2k12 sucked. 2k13 better but still bad. 2k14 worst of all time.

2k doesn't listen to there fans at all. Every year since 2k11 Ronnie and LD have been bombarded with the "where's crew" question. Its a dirty word to 2k. I don't understand why they will not bring back the best mode they ever came up with. There were nights i would stay up all night with my buddies playing crew games til dawn. That mode is way better than park or "Crews".

Stop trolling your fans. Stop putting out broken products. (i expect bugs/glitch but not total loss of game function)

Most of your customers feel like they got ripped off. Its a damn shame too because this is a wonderful game if not for the rediculous design decisions to make money over quality of the experience. Don't be EA. BE 2K. Be the company that fans love and that will be the company that never dies.

Bring back crew mode please. Drop the VC requirement to fill out a damn lineup. For the love of God.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: A hardcore perspective

Teamup really is a mess this year. It's my favorite online mode
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Rookie

I can't get over the ridiculous lag when playing online. I get a 1-second delay for every action performed. Online is unplayable for me right now. But the worst thing is, it's been like this every single year.

I was so sure next-gen would fix this, but I was wrong...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkus
I can't get over the ridiculous lag when playing online. I get a 1-second delay for every action performed. Online is unplayable for me right now. But the worst thing is, it's been like this every single year.

I was so sure next-gen would fix this, but I was wrong...

Ronnie dismissed me when I asked about this - not getting fixed anytime soon as they're not even aware of what it is.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Icon11 Re: A hardcore perspective

Online has been ignored for years. And it seems like it will continue to be ignored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #6
Rookie

let me explain this REAL fast. CREW GAMES are not coming back. The hacking hoodlums ran the 2k programmers off the court. They got owned. Now we get to play horse with Gerald Wallace.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
Banned

and not to mention the online leagues ...my favorite game mode ..they watered it down stripped it naked raped and molested the options of it and gave it to ous like herre you goo !! i just wonder why ???? why would they **** up online associations with soooo many options for administrators and users to this molested game mode ...i figured out why ...its all about the consumer buying VC with real money and they sabotage gamemodes so that we are forced to play park and team up ...league games dont count or you get dropped ..no difficultie settings no cap size trading limits no free agent pool i could go on for a couple minutes too ...but we all know whatsup with the game now its out for a couple of months ...i just play online "ranked" where the ranking stats are like crazy off track ...vip stats are way different than the stats ur opponent gets to see ..its all bizznizzz where there is big money to be made there is always dirty stuff going on ..its the greed these companies got ...so buy more VC so u can get jordan etc for ur my team or u can pimp your my player and do stupid dunks at the park lol good luck and enjoy the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »