Home

NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 02:46 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Wish I could just run a freaking league on my xbox one this is sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 03:09 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

No change at all for me

Default clothing
Can't join friends online
Corrupted saves
No NBA highlights

Good patch....

Edit: I tried deleting and reinstalling the game completely, and it seems to have fixed my issues (not including corrupted saves)

Second edit: back to square one this morning. Patch has had no impact for me, none of my issues fixed

Last edited by NZ Buccaneer; 01-24-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #67
Just started!

OVR: 0
on XB1 controller still cutting off when you're shooting the ball unless its plugged up this the only game i can't use the wireless controller without it ****ing up damn shame 2K developers
Old 01-24-2014, 04:13 AM   #68
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
No doubt in my mind 2k knows things are in rough shape. But ugh, from a business side not much they can say. I would love ronnie or someone say they *&#@ up but honestly it is what it is. Its not like they didnt try. Some really poor design desicions were made but to turn on themselves now no matter how they feel makes zero sense. Say nothing, hopefully change whats wrong and reap the praises from everyone when its done right. I truly believe thats what they do and i hope im not wrong. To come out at this point and admit the faults is opening so many doors to bad things its crazy. Nba2k has been riding a major high for so many years. Im pissed too people but EVERY franchise has effed up. EVERY ONE. This whole screw 2k im not buying it ever again nonsense has to stop. If all the VC money grab stuff is so prominent next year ill grab a pitch fork and join the mob but for now im willing to chalk the VC debacle as a mistake and the problems with the game as new generation growing pains. I see all these hardcore 2k fans so angry and ready to pull the chute on the franchise and its a little ridiculous.

fifa was praised on next gen but its honestly not a whole lot different from current gen. Madden was ripped a new one cause its the same as current gen. Nba2k tried to make a completely different experience than current gen and succeded in many ways. I remember when NHL adapted the skill stick and it was praised. So much that EA was so happy with the product they put the guy who came up with it(David Lipman or however you spell it) in charge of Nba Elite and it was a bust. What im saying is if you dont try things your called "stale". 2k could easily have done this with no competition but they didnt.

Honestly at this point with all the negative feedback im sure they wish they just ported current gen and put a little fresh paint on what was working. I for one am glad they didnt. Change comes with risk some good some bad. I think we are set up for the future. The best way we all learn is from our mistakes. If next year we are still at this point then ya, im gonna rethink my future purchases but as of now alot of people are sounding like spoiled brats. Just sayin.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Still not able to connect to the 2k server 90% of the time...stuck playing with default rosters...

Please just fix the damn game...
Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #70
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
if there is ever a point where the game actually works and they put cpu vs cpu back in GM mode then I'd be happy with it. Until then, nope and sticking with current gen.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #71
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
No doubt in my mind 2k knows things are in rough shape. But ugh, from a business side not much they can say. I would love ronnie or someone say they *&#@ up but honestly it is what it is. Its not like they didnt try. Some really poor design desicions were made but to turn on themselves now no matter how they feel makes zero sense. Say nothing, hopefully change whats wrong and reap the praises from everyone when its done right. I truly believe thats what they do and i hope im not wrong. To come out at this point and admit the faults is opening so many doors to bad things its crazy. Nba2k has been riding a major high for so many years. Im pissed too people but EVERY franchise has effed up. EVERY ONE. This whole screw 2k im not buying it ever again nonsense has to stop. If all the VC money grab stuff is so prominent next year ill grab a pitch fork and join the mob but for now im willing to chalk the VC debacle as a mistake and the problems with the game as new generation growing pains. I see all these hardcore 2k fans so angry and ready to pull the chute on the franchise and its a little ridiculous.

fifa was praised on next gen but its honestly not a whole lot different from current gen. Madden was ripped a new one cause its the same as current gen. Nba2k tried to make a completely different experience than current gen and succeded in many ways. I remember when NHL adapted the skill stick and it was praised. So much that EA was so happy with the product they put the guy who came up with it(David Lipman or however you spell it) in charge of Nba Elite and it was a bust. What im saying is if you dont try things your called "stale". 2k could easily have done this with no competition but they didnt.

Honestly at this point with all the negative feedback im sure they wish they just ported current gen and put a little fresh paint on what was working. I for one am glad they didnt. Change comes with risk some good some bad. I think we are set up for the future. The best way we all learn is from our mistakes. If next year we are still at this point then ya, im gonna rethink my future purchases but as of now alot of people are sounding like spoiled brats. Just sayin.
if it was just a few bugs and glitches it would be fine. but what people are upset about is that the game doesnt actually work most of the time. growing pains are one thing. but to have the game and literally not be able to play some/most of the modes is not growing pains. that is simply a broken product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #72
Rookie

Noel.'s Arena

Re: Patch #4 out for Xbox One. Patch notes inside. (Not out for PS4 yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
I wonder if players are still losing their headbands in MyGM

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This! What the hell? I just saw Melo without his headband and I was like "what the hell" and had to check the roster I used for MYGM and nope, it's not the roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »