Home

In your opinion, best position to use in my career?

This is a discussion on In your opinion, best position to use in my career? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #17
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: In your opinion, best position to use in my career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I didn't even know about those coach settings that only show up in-game in MyCareer, so I thought I'd share.

...and still saw no changes, at all, then ok. But like I said before, when I change these settings, and play as a SF, I see more plays being run but they still break mid-play. I'm talking about plays being run out of sets.
Well isn't this redundant. I tell in my first post I've already tried every setting imaginable and anyone responding should not bother with settings but with proof that your team is running plays and you make two posts about settings, exactly what I didn't need you to do. Now if you want to show plays being ran by your team I'd appreciate it.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #18
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

OVR: 0

I've seen a lot of people say they cant run plays from other positions. This is because this is a perk you can buy for VC in the player badge menu. Theres something called Court Captain or something similar, that will allow you to run plays from any position, being a PG however allows you to run plays without the perk. Everything you need requires VC. I was moved from my starting PG position to SG for no reason in the middle of my season, forcing me to spend 5000 VC on the ability to run plays. I promptly traded in the game this morning, and I won't be picking up another NBA2k game for a few years until I hear they've fixed their game.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #19
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
I've seen a lot of people say they cant run plays from other positions. This is because this is a perk you can buy for VC in the player badge menu. Theres something called Court Captain or something similar, that will allow you to run plays from any position, being a PG however allows you to run plays without the perk. Everything you need requires VC. I was moved from my starting PG position to SG for no reason in the middle of my season, forcing me to spend 5000 VC on the ability to run plays. I promptly traded in the game this morning, and I won't be picking up another NBA2k game for a few years until I hear they've fixed their game.
It's called on-court coach, the skill costs 10k VC plus you have to have 90 in emotion attribute which is another few thousand VC. You can also call plays if you play point forward. But alas, you always have to have the ball when you call a play.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Isn't a 6'7 pg a bit too easy?
Not as much as you might think.

I made him tall with small shoulders and 60 wingspan sort of like penny hardaway. On defense since you are 6'7 you will have a challenge defending guys like rose, westbrook and other small pg's because they are quicker.

On offense you cant drive in as easy as a 6'3 pg also because of this.

I would score just as easy with an 6'1 pg ( i tried) but it doesnt matter, i just try to involve teammates and passing is just as difficult. Also i want to do it all, dunk, post up, block, rebound ... this is harder with an smaller pg but for me block and rebounding is maxed at 60 still so it is still hard.

All and all i think you can dominate with anyone at hof-sim, i don't mind as i want to be a star anyway but im not gonna score 60ppg every night im aiming for 20-25 with 10 assists. Basically it is the only wy to go if you want to get triple doubles AND run plays.

im bringing the showtime back to tinseltown fo sho lol
Old 01-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
It's called on-court coach, the skill costs 10k VC plus you have to have 90 in emotion attribute which is another few thousand VC. You can also call plays if you play point forward. But alas, you always have to have the ball when you call a play.
It does NOT work, only quick plays like isolation or post up. Real plays dont work it is bugged so save your vc and dont waste it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #22
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
It does NOT work, only quick plays like isolation or post up. Real plays dont work it is bugged so save your vc and dont waste it.
I can't really tell if it does that or not since I already have play calling enabled by default as I have a point forward. The skill does enable me to request the ball at any time at, that much is proven. But if you say it doesn't enable play calling then you're probably right.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

On Court Coach is only for getting the ball when you want it, which is great if you're a slasher/cutter, they will still ding you if they think it's a "bad" pass but they will usually still pass it to you.

I've played with a PG and C, I would say C is a great position to play. I lead the league in PER, Blocks, Points, and FG%. You totally shut down a team entire inside game and force them to take bad shots, and once you get the Tenacious Rebounder skill, it doubles your rebound average. Just improve your FT b/c you get fouled a lot
Old 01-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #24
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
Not as much as you might think.

I made him tall with small shoulders and 60 wingspan sort of like penny hardaway. On defense since you are 6'7 you will have a challenge defending guys like rose, westbrook and other small pg's because they are quicker.

On offense you cant drive in as easy as a 6'3 pg also because of this.

I would score just as easy with an 6'1 pg ( i tried) but it doesnt matter, i just try to involve teammates and passing is just as difficult. Also i want to do it all, dunk, post up, block, rebound ... this is harder with an smaller pg but for me block and rebounding is maxed at 60 still so it is still hard.

All and all i think you can dominate with anyone at hof-sim, i don't mind as i want to be a star anyway but im not gonna score 60ppg every night im aiming for 20-25 with 10 assists. Basically it is the only wy to go if you want to get triple doubles AND run plays.

im bringing the showtime back to tinseltown fo sho lol
I made one before that was 6'7 but when i see people averaging triple doubles easy with a problem my interest turns off to make one

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »