Home

In your opinion, best position to use in my career?

This is a discussion on In your opinion, best position to use in my career? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:25 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: In your opinion, best position to use in my career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I made one before that was 6'7 but when i see people averaging triple doubles easy with a problem my interest turns off to make one

Again its all about how you choose to play....also if i play at 12 min qtrs i could get a triple double with most positions when you get your guys rating up.

Just play less minutes, lets see you avg a triple double on 6 min quarters. I am tuning down minutes after season 1 since i only play keygames from than on. So your season stats avg like minutes are still ok as you only play like 15-20 games (the other games you sim you play 38-40 mins)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #26
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
Again its all about how you choose to play....also if i play at 12 min qtrs i could get a triple double with most positions when you get your guys rating up.

Just play less minutes, lets see you avg a triple double on 6 min quarters. I am tuning down minutes after season 1 since i only play keygames from than on. So your season stats avg like minutes are still ok as you only play like 15-20 games (the other games you sim you play 38-40 mins)
Whenever i make a point guard like i just did now i end up getting a headache quickly just off how dumb the teammates are constantly open when i pass it and they don't shoot or they wait 5 seconds then shoot and i don't get the assist ..

never get frustrated with a SF
Old 01-27-2014, 04:46 AM   #27
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

and when i run the plays they just break halfway
Old 01-27-2014, 05:16 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 0

Athletic point guard, once you up your shooting abilities the game is yours. Of course, i'm kind of bias because i prefer driving to the basket in basketball.

But you can score, and help control your teams tempo and run plays. You have control to do almost anything.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:25 AM   #29
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Athletic point guard, once you up your shooting abilities the game is yours. Of course, i'm kind of bias because i prefer driving to the basket in basketball.

But you can score, and help control your teams tempo and run plays. You have control to do almost anything.
how do i run any play when it stops half way then i have to call another one and the shot clock is down? should i just auto everything?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Whenever i make a point guard like i just did now i end up getting a headache quickly just off how dumb the teammates are constantly open when i pass it and they don't shoot or they wait 5 seconds then shoot and i don't get the assist ..

never get frustrated with a SF

Ok well yeah sure everybody should play the position they enjoy the most ofcourse. Sf is cool as well although i never really gotten into it and usually picked SG with my previous nba 2k's

You should know though that team Chemistry is a big part of your frustration, once team Chemistry rises your offense will flow a lot better and teammates become smarter.

But yeah sometimes getting robbed from assist is horrible :-) Like i pass it to someone who is wide open at the top of the key and he immediately passes it to another one on top the key and he scores lol...still pass to assist.

Oh yeah im not sure how but it seems like my pg raises team Chemistry faster than my sg, maybe because i ball hogged a lot before and am team playing now but not sure why this is or if it is in my head.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
how do i run any play when it stops half way then i have to call another one and the shot clock is down? should i just auto everything?

i think there are specific plays which usually break down (read it here somewhere) so maybe focus on other ones that work ? Learn the plays ?

I'm not too familiar with my plays either but i had some break down and some work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #32
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
Ok well yeah sure everybody should play the position they enjoy the most ofcourse. Sf is cool as well although i never really gotten into it and usually picked SG with my previous nba 2k's

You should know though that team Chemistry is a big part of your frustration, once team Chemistry rises your offense will flow a lot better and teammates become smarter.

But yeah sometimes getting robbed from assist is horrible :-) Like i pass it to someone who is wide open at the top of the key and he immediately passes it to another one on top the key and he scores lol...still pass to assist.

Oh yeah im not sure how but it seems like my pg raises team Chemistry faster than my sg, maybe because i ball hogged a lot before and am team playing now but not sure why this is or if it is in my head.
Thats what happens to me they constantly pass it away if im not getting the assists then why am i going to be a pg ..ill give it a few games before dumping tons of vc in it if it works out great if not SG or SF

is there no way to get lockdown defender on a SF seriously?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »