Home

Carmelo Anthony Needs an Upgrade ASAP!!!

This is a discussion on Carmelo Anthony Needs an Upgrade ASAP!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Carmelo Anthony Needs an Upgrade ASAP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTheClip
If carmelo gets tenacious rebounder before Deandre Jordan im returning this game and hanging myself
Thats hilarious...even i had to laugh at that.

How about giving some credit to melo for actually working hard at a part of his game that critics always thought he was soft at? like his rebounding...It was only a matter of time before a 7'1 center with springs for legs would be leading the league in rebounding.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #18
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Strength just isn't a big factor in this game. Ever had a center back down a guard? He should be bullying him down low.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
really? I play almost all of my games with the Knicks and I don't find it hard to go to work with Carmelo in the post. Like real life, his fadeaway from the post is virtually unstoppable, his jumper off the jab step is nearly automatic, and getting to the rim isn't a big challenge. Sure, you can say that his spin move isn't as effective as it is in real life, but you could say that for most of the elite players in the game.
When people play you, and they know you're good, or they know that you know what you're doing with the sticks, seldom do i get a chance to go to work with melo in the post. I get double teamed, off-ball(AKA they let the computer guard me) or they just spam the steal button. So i just wind up settling to pass the ball around til i get an open shot. I like to spin, and usde the y-drive against opponents with melo, Go to corners and shoot the three, or pick and roll and use the mid range game against opponents with him. Now if i was using the blazers, i'd go to work Lamarcus Aldridge. Not only does he have Height on his nehalf, he also has finisher and post proficiency, so yeahhhhhh.

If melo had post proficiency, Bruiser and had a faster spin move out of the post, he would be more true to his real life counter part and would be more representative of his true post game skills.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Strength just isn't a big factor in this game. Ever had a center back down a guard? He should be bullying him down low.
So true....Thats why i hope the 2kInsider can take a look at this thread and maybe be a bit generous to my fellow Ny Knick Melo. I also can't stand when rebounding the ball, how little guys can just spam the steal button and just swipe the ball away from you as if the rebounder has no awareness of ball handling skills. I've yet to see anyone rip the ball away from blake griffin, Tyson Chandler, Carmelo anthony, Lebron james in real life. ALso the the lateral Movement is terrible. If you're going left, then you cannot turn right on a dime. This game needs serious improvement I know this is supposed to be a sim of real life basketball, but this is also a video game FIRST!!!

Probably not the best place to vent about these problems, but just as I'm suggesting for improvements to one of my favorite guys to play with in 2k, also comes along a set of gripes i have along the way as well.

Oh well....sorry if im venting in the wrong thread. lol.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

Not sure where Melo sits in regards to the top 10 players, but he is for sure at the back of it.

And Melo has been below average from both corners, the left block, mid right 3, deep mid right 2, and average at the rim and just inside the top of the 3 pt line.

Last year was really the only year he shot better than league average in zones than the zones he did not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #22
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry dude - Melo is a great scorer who plays defense as often as pigs fly. A good low post scorer like Timmy or Aldridge tear him a new one.

You're asking for him to have that many sig skills? You can easily drop 30 with him already.... You'd have to be out of your mind.

Is it really that bad this year for Knicks fans that they are on forums trying to boost Melo to unrealistic heights so they can have unrealistic outcomes in 2k? Ridiculous to ask for period, even more ridiculous that it's asked for just because he has a short stretch on top of his usual year.

and yes Melo is an super streaky arc shooter. He started the year off very cold, and is now very hot from 3. Not to mention he's routinely posted average years fron distance.

I'm done.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Melo already imo too good on 2k. One of the easiest shooting forms on the game. Can shoot from anywhere. Can get to the rim like bron. If u put him at the four....u SHOULD average at least 35 a game because there isnt a pf on the game that can match his speed and cover him out there on the perimeter unless u going against a user with good skill.

My gripe is i feel they have chandler parsons a lil too slow quickness wise and alot of player bodies dont match. Cp3 look like a crackhead....he aint been skinny since his 3rd season in the league.smh
Old 01-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Melo already imo too good on 2k. One of the easiest shooting forms on the game. Can shoot from anywhere. Can get to the rim like bron. If u put him at the four....u SHOULD average at least 35 a game because there isnt a pf on the game that can match his speed and cover him out there on the perimeter unless u going against a user with good skill.

My gripe is i feel they have chandler parsons a lil too slow quickness wise and alot of player bodies dont match. Cp3 look like a crackhead....he aint been skinny since his 3rd season in the league.smh
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Hell nah...lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooo....you're stupid for that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »