Home

Carmelo Anthony Needs an Upgrade ASAP!!!

This is a discussion on Carmelo Anthony Needs an Upgrade ASAP!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #65
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Carmelo Anthony Needs an Upgrade ASAP!!!

From sentence one it sounded like a troll thread.

Just a few weeks ago we and the rest of the world were calling Melo an awful basketball player and a chucker. He has a 60 point game and suddenly he's a top 5 player?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #66
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
From sentence one it sounded like a troll thread.

Just a few weeks ago we and the rest of the world were calling Melo an awful basketball player and a chucker. He has a 60 point game and suddenly he's a top 5 player?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
If you were calling him not does not include everybody bud.

Last edited by RangersCruz; 01-28-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
He's a decent passer actually. Just because he doesn't rack up assist numbers like LeBron doesn't mean Carmelo can't pass. Similarly, just because Carmelo doesn't give it his all every defensive possession doesn't mean he's a bad defender. When he does put the effort forth, which is usually 75% of the game, he is actually a better-than-advertised on-ball defender. Lastly, he's streaky from 3 point range and that's about it. His midrange game is almost always on point, and if it isn't, he has no problem getting into the paint and finishing at the rim.
He's only streaky from 3 point range? That's why he has a career average of 45% shooting and 47% from inside the 3 point line? That's really not that good at all, especially for someone who is "always on point" from midrange and gets into the paint at will. Melo almost always looks uninterested in playing defense and his team defense participation is horrible. He can be physical on the defensive side at times but that doesn't equate to a good defender.

And as someone said already, players don't get rated on what they possibly could do.

EDIT: BTW there are a lot of "decent" passers in the league. This doesn't in any sort of way make them a good or great player.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Carmelo Anthony is by far One of the best players the NBA has today. It can be argued that Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Steph Curry, or even a Healthy Kobe Bryant could vie for that title. Let me be Clear, The boy can flat out put the ball in the hole in any way possible!

Carmelo is an elite three point threat from beyond the arc. This season alone Melo' is shooting a savory hot 42% FROM the 3-point line.

Melo has an envious Mid-range Game.

Which opens up his drive. With a deceptively Quick first step for a man
who is 230/240lbs, He can blow by would be defenders with one move.

Which then trumpeted by his Perfected post game. i believe he's got an 88 Low Post Offense rating in 2k14. In my honest opinion, Other than Kobe Bryant...maybe if you want to talk about other bigs, such as Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph & Luis Scola, none of these Guys have the fluidity and the footwork that Carmelo possesses in the post. His post game is sick, which allows him to open up the rest of his game.

As of friday, Carmelo broke the Madison Square Garden Record for points in a game, and is only 1 of 2 people active to score over 60 points in an NBA Game.

What i want to know is why doesnt 2k make Carmelo Play the way he plays in
REAL LIFE?

As bad as the New York Knicks are playing this season, its atrocious playing with carmelo anthony as well. He has 2 hotspots on the entire court...are you kidding me? That dude should have NO cold spots what so ever!!!

Yeah, i know he dropped 62 against the bobcats, but lets be real, no one complained when Kobe dropped 81 on the then NBA Champion Toronto Raptors,
did they? heh heh heh...thats what i thought.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that 2k should at least give Melo more signature skills/Personality Badges.

I believe Dialed In-The Old Microwave Signature Skil is appropriate. Because when he'son...He's ON!

Carmelo Goes off for 33 points in one quarter!!!

Carmelo Anthony breaks the scoring record in The Olympics VS Team Nigeria

Carmelo Breaks Garden Record for points and scores 62 against the Bobcats.

Also Carmelo deserves to have Post Proficeincy added as a sig skill...also maybe Bruiser as well...Most people guarding Carmelo are either to small or to slow to stay in front of him..

Last But not least, to many average fans out there, Carmelo may seem like a one dimensional player, but at 6'8 and 240lbs, he plays the 4/power forward position, and bangs down low with the best of them, His cat like reflexes and his dedication to improving his overall game have allowed him to average an astonishing 9 rebounds per game this season. I say definitely throw in during the next update tenacious rebounder....even if its like level 1, or 2...it's still an acknowledgement that he's made strides in his game and 2k acknowledges those strides.

Melo averages 9.1 rpg. That Makes him better at hitting the glass than:

Serge Ibaka
Marcin Gortat
Kenneth Faried
Roy Hibbert
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
and Josh Smith

so overall i think i covered it...Give Carmelo Anthony More than 2 hot spots on the floor,tenacious rebounder, Bruiser, Dialed In, and post proficiency....Tell me what you guys think?
Ok I've come across this thread late, I'm gonna give my honest opinion along with facts as a Knick fan who watches EVERY GAME.
I agree he should have the Dialed In sig skill, no doubt when Melo is hot he is unstoppable. Melo doesn't deserve Post Pro skill, because he isn't a consistent Post Up threat everyone knows his post game is on point but he ALWAYS SETTLES for the jump shot waaaay too much (even the commentators in the game say it if you play with the Knicks you know what lines I'm talking about) The Low Post rating of 88 is good enough plus his Post fade is super over powered IMO, those combined with his Finisher trait and Strength rating make him dangerous from down there without the Post Pro skill.The Bruiser skill in 2k is for big strong guys who wear down their opponents throughout the game, Melo is not in that category, when the Knicks go against big lineups like the Pacers, David West wears Melo down at the 4 spot (exactly what he did last year in the playoffs/and a key reason why the undersized Knicks don't matchup well against big lineups) When you think of Melo you don't consider him a Brusier. Melo's shooting ratings are right where they should be right now, yes he scores a lot BUT a lot of those performances are from poor shooting performances (MELO'S GAME LOG FOR THIS YEAR---http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01/gamelog/2014/) 2k wouldn't give him the Tenacious rebounder skill either because it doesn't seem like they change skills mid-season…next year he should have that based on his performance this year, he crashes the boards especially when Chandler is out of the lineup. Overall other than his lack of noticeable rebounding when you play with the Knicks Melo is well represented in the game IMO, against smaller guys I post all day and he makes everything except Post Hooks. Bigger guys he is quick enough in game to get by them and good enough ratings to knock down contested and uncontested shots (occasional miss wide open which is completely normal). He also has one of the best Shot off Dribble ratings in the game combined with his Shot Creator and Deadeye skill make him OP. so Melo is a juggernaut already.Im sure there are skills and more rating increases we can add to everyone but they have to limit it somehow to balance out the game.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #69
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Lebron and Kobe both play defense and ratings deserved. When melo can play good defense he can join them. But his focus is offense and probably will be till he retires.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #70
Rookie

I also saw this thread a little late but would like to give my input. IN my opinion, melo deserves an upgrade in multiple categories. Rebounding being one, he is averaging 9 boards as stated before and having 68 off and 68 deff rebs is pretty off. KD is avg 7.8 boards but has a 79 deff reb. Paul George is avg 6.3 and also has a 79 deff rebound. Tenacious rebounder, ehh maybe considering Patrick beverly has it for being a good rebounder for his POSITION. Using that definition melo definitely deserves it. He is averaging .7 blocks yet his block is a 48. Paul george is avg .3 and has a 50 block, lebron is avg .3 blocks as well and his block is 59. Wade is at .6 and has a 63. Jeremy Lin is avg .5 blocks and his is a 50. While melo isnt the best shot blocker, his progress should be slightly rewarded. His mid range is also an 83. It was a 87 before and was lowered for some reason, I think putting it back to 87 would be right as well since this current hot streak has been mainly orchestrated by mid range jumpers. If he were given anymore sig skills they should be post proficiency, tenacious rebounder, or bruiser
Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
I also saw this thread a little late but would like to give my input. IN my opinion, melo deserves an upgrade in multiple categories. Rebounding being one, he is averaging 9 boards as stated before and having 68 off and 68 deff rebs is pretty off. KD is avg 7.8 boards but has a 79 deff reb. Paul George is avg 6.3 and also has a 79 deff rebound. Tenacious rebounder, ehh maybe considering Patrick beverly has it for being a good rebounder for his POSITION. Using that definition melo definitely deserves it. He is averaging .7 blocks yet his block is a 48. Paul george is avg .3 and has a 50 block, lebron is avg .3 blocks as well and his block is 59. Wade is at .6 and has a 63. Jeremy Lin is avg .5 blocks and his is a 50. While melo isnt the best shot blocker, his progress should be slightly rewarded. His mid range is also an 83. It was a 87 before and was lowered for some reason, I think putting it back to 87 would be right as well since this current hot streak has been mainly orchestrated by mid range jumpers. If he were given anymore sig skills they should be post proficiency, tenacious rebounder, or bruiser
My point exactly bro. As long as I'm not the only one who's noticing these other stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
My point exactly bro. As long as I'm not the only one who's noticing these other stats.
yea it doesnt make much sense considering Paul George has been updated 5 times already. An increase in rebounds as much as his should have been recognized already. But to the games credit i can drop 60 with melo and ten boards(manually boxing out) with him so his rebounds arent too bad i guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »