Home

HOF Sim - Too Easy?

This is a discussion on HOF Sim - Too Easy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #25
Rookie

jaywv30's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: HOF Sim - Too Easy?

It's not even about difficulty for me...it just seems that the game plays unrealistic on HOF. Like guys who aren't great outside shooters become dead eyes. It should be a more difficult sim experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Lol...I'm not out to convince you specifically, Spring, or anyone else to actually play HOF and like it or else. I know that won't be possible and that's not my goal.

All you say above is true. For you. It's also true for nearly everyone who plays on that level. It's also true for me, if I don't bring the right kind of game.

I'm not talking just about winning, either. I'm talking about having fun as well.

The game I've embedded below is complete HOF game footage that was a blast. It was also the product of a significant amount of study. And it's one of many games I've had.

When the game was over, I didn't think, well I won but man I had to cheat like crazy to get it. Nor like I had fought Ali and he was kicking me in the crotch every round as it was happening lol.

I thought man, that was a great game.

Everything you said is pretty much taking the words out of my mouth.

I think people need to separate the game mode issues and animation issues. No one here is saying the mode, or the game is perfect, but animation problems does NOT equal the difficulty is cheap. And if some people here are saying they can get a genuine, fun and realistic experience from the setting and tries to share that experience with others; why would you (the poster above) take that as preaching and/or claiming right of passage? I don't mean to sound rude, but you, nor I, speak for the entire community (again, talking to poster who mentioned preaching). The forum is for discussing opinions and if mine isn't one you agree with, that's fine, but some other people here might benefit from this. Honestly, I think this is a good discussion because beyond every thread of people complaining about the mode may be a reader (not poster) who may give up on the difficulty thinking it is broken. When, in fact, all we are saying is give it a shot as there are a few of us who get a good experience from it. It sounds like all you think should be valid are discussions AGAINST the difficulty. That, to me, is preaching.

Frankly, it's that same attitude that leads me to believe it's not the mode affecting your experience, but your mentality. Yes, the game needs work and clipping is immersive breaking, but nothing is perfect. Again, and I'm trying real hard not to sound preachy here as there is a thin line between which (preaching) and stating your opinion (especially on a forum where thoughts are posted without interjection or conversation). But you will find it hard to enjoy something or improving while casting blame on everything else but yourself.

There is no reason why some people, like myself, can end a game with realistic statistics and others cannot.

DISCLAIMER: Everything I state here is strictly my OPINION. I do not mean to OFFEND anyone. However, I welcome debate and respect ANYONE's opinion even if I do not agree with it. If debating without taking it personal is beyond your reach, please do not post. I DO NOT want to get into any serious fights or arguments. (Generally speaking this is not directed at anyone specific).

Last edited by Crookid; 01-30-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #27
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Reasons to play on HOF Sim
-Improves your jump shot timing
-makes your defense more creative over time
-improves your ability to control a pace

But Allstar Sim is the best experience for realistic games IMO.

There's a misconception that if you play on HOF you're the best that is false. My friends play on allstar and have beaten me quite a few times.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Reasons to play on HOF Sim
-Improves your jump shot timing
-makes your defense more creative over time
-improves your ability to control a pace

But Allstar Sim is the best experience for realistic games IMO.

There's a misconception that if you play on HOF you're the best that is false. My friends play on allstar and have beaten me quite a few times.
I agree with your last statement. However, I don't agree with the All Star statement. I simply can't play that mode because I win every game by 20 points.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I agree with your last statement. However, I don't agree with the All Star statement. I simply can't play that mode because I win every game by 20 points.
Not trying to start and arguement, but what about your HOF games... didn't you say they were "almost too easy" as well. I'm FAR from HOF level, but when they become too easy - or any level for that matter - that's when it would be time for me to put it away.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:29 AM   #30
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

I still don't understand why you'd play HoF. I've played it. I can win. I can win with regularity. I don't need Tony Robbins to encourage me to do it either. All I ask is - why?

It's just not very fun as in my experience, I spend more time playing a restrictive and very underwhelming brand of basketball.

Adjust sliders and play a different skill level. It's more enjoyable. The fact is that HoF is prone to more suspect behaviour by the CPU. Hence my opinion on it being a right of passage.

I don't need an attitude adjustment and I'm fully aware of my shortcomings and tendencies while playing this game. HoF doesn't discourage me because the skill required is above my pay grade. It's because it's not fun.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BegBy; 01-31-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #31
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

I just wish they would come up with a system where playing on a higher difficulty does not mean a boost for CPU's attributes. The player is the player they are and I wish that playing on HOF made the CPU play smarter in some way rather thean just boosting their stats. Hopefully this is something we can get to eventually in sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illuminati
The key to beating HOF in MyCareer is to get your teammate chemistry up. Seriously...your teammates stop playing like a bunch of braindead fools and actually start to play something that resembles defense.

I was complaining about the constant cheese in the game earlier in the month but then I realized I slowly but surely started consistently blowing out the CPU and then I went and saw my Teammate Chemistry was in the high 70s. It's been a cakewalk ever since then.

So do yourself a favor and start answer positively on all Post game press conferences and pay the 500 VC to take your team out for dinner. That's a 5% boost in Teammate Chemistry.
Exactly and this is what I've been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
I just wish they would come up with a system where playing on a higher difficulty does not mean a boost for CPU's attributes. The player is the player they are and I wish that playing on HOF made the CPU play smarter in some way rather thean just boosting their stats. Hopefully this is something we can get to eventually in sports games.
I actually agree with this as well to some extent. What I mean is that, yes I wish they were smarter but they do play smart when their chem and rythm is high. Good ball movement, picking passes, solid defense... HOWEVER, the thing that annoys me and where I agree is when my team gets on a run. Which, based on how well I play and know the game, is quite often. If I get on a 6-0 run, the opponent will never beat me and well win by 20.

Last edited by Crookid; 01-31-2014 at 12:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »