Home

In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version?

This is a discussion on In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: In general, what are your thoughts about the next-gen version?

Gameplay is one of the best I've played. All other things are the worst. If I had to rate the game as a whole I'd give it a 4/10. All four points coming from the gameplay side of the game.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Honestly 2K14 is a good game and I really enjoy it!

I mainly play offline quick matches & online team-up due to 2K parental control issues!

Rosters: 4, no CAP, can't turn off injuries, too many missing players, bad ratings, broken accessories, shoes.

Shoes: 1; worthless, outdated shoes, team colors non existent, no new shoes.

Online: 2; lag, server issues, players quitting.

MyGM: 3; injuries don't reset, have to VC for everything, a lot of glitches

Gameplay: 8; passing still bad, players moving into traffic, speed a huge issue, the same issues from 2K11 in 2K14.

Overall rating on what I play: 6.5

Last edited by keshunleon; 02-02-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg1234
To me, it's a little buggy and started out like crap but it's my top played game by far and I own 8 games on next gen. I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The reason I ask is I'm relatively new here and the sentiment I get is that people are generally down on the game. Not sure if it's just constructive but from an outsider it gives the vibe that people are disappointed.

Thoughts?
The gameplay is good. There are a few flaws, but none that break the game for me. My problems are with different things that make the game pointless. I can't play on the team I want, no matter what, in My Career. My GM is a bit run down by an over emphasis on VC, but it has potential.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #20
Just started!

I really like the core game. It just seems like all the extra stuff wasn't really thought out that well, or feels incomplete.

I like MyCareer mode, and I don't mind the cheesiness. I know that it takes time to build stuff up. However, I hate that they don't make it easier to play for your favorite team. And they don't have free agency. Games are supposed to be fun, right? Why would you make a game that tries to prevent you from enjoying it more?

And I think that VC is messed up. The currency used to improve your player's attributes should be completely separate from the currency you use to buy clothes and stuff.

We should have XP that lets you improve attributes, and then VC for extra stuff.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #21
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflexx
I really like the core game. It just seems like all the extra stuff wasn't really thought out that well, or feels incomplete.

I like MyCareer mode, and I don't mind the cheesiness. I know that it takes time to build stuff up. However, I hate that they don't make it easier to play for your favorite team. And they don't have free agency. Games are supposed to be fun, right? Why would you make a game that tries to prevent you from enjoying it more?

And I think that VC is messed up. The currency used to improve your player's attributes should be completely separate from the currency you use to buy clothes and stuff.

We should have XP that lets you improve attributes, and then VC for extra stuff.
Yeah, I enjoy playing the game, but everything about it seems poorly thought out or rushed to get the game out in time for the NG launch window. The mobile gaming business model they introduced is pretty insulting, too.

But the game sold 5 mil and I'm only going to assume they take this as meaning we like getting nickel-and-dimed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #22
Rookie

At this point, absolutely terrible.
Playing MC superstar sim 8 minute quarters usually ends up around 95-110ppg
I can't stop a team from shooting above 65% from the field for the game
Lack of customization for my players
No co-op
Shaky online
No FA in MC
My gm is a decent step back from association
I don't really like My team, so The game is pretty much done for me.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #23
Pro

They've done plenty of good and I gotta give the 2K team credit, but there's also some decisions which seem like steps backwards and have me cringing because this game could be so much more amazing. Unfortunately most of them revolve around the microtransactions.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not one of those guys who think VC has no place in the game whatsoever, but it could have been implemented so much more better so it doesn't come across as such a blatant money grab. Mainly things costing way too much that we shouldn't have to buy at all-- charge VC to set lineups in MyGM? Charge VC to change what types of socks you wear or to have a different color headband in My Career? That's straight up free-to-play mechanics, and 2K is definitely not a free to play game.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #24
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

IMO the game is rushed and I hope they take their time with 2k15. I will be looking for reviews on this site before i purchase.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »