Home

2K controlling My Player

This is a discussion on 2K controlling My Player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2014, 04:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
2K controlling My Player

Seriously 2K? What is this madness? Why is it that when I'm on defense in MyCareer my player moves like the defensive assist is at 100?

This has been going on for the last 5 or so games. I finally got my team back to .500 and we're 9-3 and .5 games out of the 4th seed. Now I'm seriously starting to think that this is 2k's way of making me start to lose games. This is ridiculous because I can't even stay in front of my man since the slightest movement will make my player fly to the other side of the court. Everything on defense is laggy, I hit the steal button it takes forever for him to respond. Not to mention he moves slow AS HELL. It's impossible to play help defense right now because my player is slow and won't react fast enough.

Anyone experiencing this? I'll upload some videos tomorrow of my player literally flying in the opposite direction I tell him to go.

Last edited by The Illuminati; 02-02-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
MVP

Re: 2K controlling My Player

I kinda know what you mean, i play pretty good defense(6'3 point guard averaging 1.3 blcks and 2.8 steals a game on superstar sim) but the movement has always had that weird feel to it, like you're fighting against some unseen force at times, even with defensive assist at 0.

I disagree about staying right in front of your man though, i think you're exaggerating that bit. And i don't buy into this as a "way of 2k to keep you from winning"

I honestly think there's just movement problems for my player as far as moving around the court, he's constantly shifting and facing different ways i don't want him to face when moving around the court. My player has had these problems since it was first introduced.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Curious what you think about this, 2k controlling rebounding too. I finished my 1st season as a 6'7" tall SF. Avg roughly 35pt 8 reb 1-2blks 2-3 steals per game. Towards the end and playoffs it was easy to throw in 50 and 15 rebs.

But I wanted to try being a big man and dominating down low, swat shots and own the boards even more. So I created a 7" PF. Blocks have come easy but rebounding has not. Its really tough to even get 4 Rebs with this guy. I've played enough and got his guys relevant skills (character traits/badges too) to where he should be rebounding everything. But no.. balls bounce out of his hands, off boards are non-existent and its totally different timing than as a smaller SF. What gives??? Anybody got any tips or explanations on why this is? See something similar with your C/PF? I know enough and have played enough to know that this isn't just boxing out or anything like that. This is gotta be something else. I've tried holding the jump button longer which helped me go from 1-2 reb to 3-4 but still. Very frustrating. Do I adjust sliders so my 7 footer can get atleast 10 Rebs? Doesn't seem like I should have to do that.

Please give me something to try.. feel like this is ruining a game I was totally loving with my SF. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHawkeye99
Curious what you think about this, 2k controlling rebounding too. I finished my 1st season as a 6'7" tall SF. Avg roughly 35pt 8 reb 1-2blks 2-3 steals per game. Towards the end and playoffs it was easy to throw in 50 and 15 rebs.

But I wanted to try being a big man and dominating down low, swat shots and own the boards even more. So I created a 7" PF. Blocks have come easy but rebounding has not. Its really tough to even get 4 Rebs with this guy. I've played enough and got his guys relevant skills (character traits/badges too) to where he should be rebounding everything. But no.. balls bounce out of his hands, off boards are non-existent and its totally different timing than as a smaller SF. What gives??? Anybody got any tips or explanations on why this is? See something similar with your C/PF? I know enough and have played enough to know that this isn't just boxing out or anything like that. This is gotta be something else. I've tried holding the jump button longer which helped me go from 1-2 reb to 3-4 but still. Very frustrating. Do I adjust sliders so my 7 footer can get atleast 10 Rebs? Doesn't seem like I should have to do that.

Please give me something to try.. feel like this is ruining a game I was totally loving with my SF. Thanks.
if you made a 7 footer you're pretty much screwed start over with a 6'11 and under.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
Rookie

7' is the cut off huh? Makes sense cause it just really hard to get a rebound now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #6
Pro

Lol @ the 2k trying to make you lose thing. I still can't believe there are people saying this. I lost 4 times after the all star break and lost 1 game all through the post season on HOF my career.

Defense does need work but not the movement. It's easy to stay on your man. You need to know when to use intense defense and when not to. The only thing that needs work is the bouncing off players driving. If you are not DIRECTLY in front of them you will bounce off them if they are driving. However, it is quite easy to stay on them. Your movement gets tighter the hotter you become on D as well and stats improve this. Try training your on ball defense to 99 and defense awareness. It's very cheap (90vc for 5 games) and helps a lot.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #7
Just started!

Is there any way to call a pick when my player is off the ball at every position except PG?

I can get used to controlling my player with the patience, but I really don't understand there is big limit to play basketball like real basketball.
I have seen and played with SF my player in 2K13 calling PF or C to set up pick and rolls when he is off the ball, but I can't figure how to do it in 2K14 for PS4!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
if you made a 7 footer you're pretty much screwed start over with a 6'11 and under.
Confirmed this is true. Created a 6'11" guy and rebounding is back to normal. Completely ridiculous that its harder to rebound with a 7 footer than a 6'7" guy. Thanks for replying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »