Home

Better Control Scheme Ideas (Passing)

This is a discussion on Better Control Scheme Ideas (Passing) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Better Control Scheme Ideas (Passing)

IDK if you can do this but I was going to make other category threads for control scheme ideas so it would be more accessible for 2k to view our ideas instead of thumbing thru a bunch of mixed ideas and views about EVERYTHING under the sun. That way when they want to improve something its a section they can refer to when they're brainstorming easily to spark new ideas in that particular area.

Anyway here's my Ideas of a better control scheme for passing

FIRST OFF let me say that INSTEAD of GIVE N GO it should be something like HANDOFF PICK PLAY where you press X to pass the ball and if you hold it the person with the ball will set a pick with BALL IN HAND until you run around and receive the pass by releasing X.

SECONDLY they can just use the control for flashy pass for total control passing b/c that shyte is useless. I'd just be happy if we can modify the speed of the pass and the height like for example:

L2+RS+ UP(hold)= chest pass/bullet pass

L2+RS+ UP= lob

L2+RS+ Right= pass w right hand(Modify speed by hold or press)

L2+RS+ Left= pass w left hand(Modify speed by hold or press)

L2+RS+ Down= bounce pass/pocket pass

OR more complex like Fight Night:

L2+RS+ UP= (hold)= chest pass/bullet pass

L2+RS+ UP= lob

L2+RS ROTATE LEFT/RIGHT= behind the back pass

L2+RS ROTATE LEFT THEN BACK RIGHT(like the half spin)= rondo behind the back fake pass

AND SO ON AND SO ON LOL

change fake pass back to tap x and alleys back to L2+X(ps4)

2k knows how to be creative but take it from me, scrap that flashy pass stick unless your going to have different passes for each direction or it will be deemed useless b/c flashy passes already trigger when you press x sometimes anyway. Plus flashy pass should be more tendency rating based.

ADD POCKET PASS ANI'S
ADD HANDOFF PICK ANI'S

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-10-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Better Control Scheme Ideas (Passing)

Oh goodness.

This game already had more controls mapped than a commercial plane...
Old 02-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Oh goodness.

This game already had more controls mapped than a commercial plane...
Stop it dude this is not the stone age its next gen LOL its not that complicated........?

It doesnt have to work exactly how I explained, it was just the idea I was trying to get across really.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Stop it dude this is not the stone age its next gen LOL its not that complicated........?

It doesnt have to work exactly how I explained, it was just the idea I was trying to get across really.
LOL!

I understand the desire to have more control of where the ball goes but I'm from the camp of people that want to see even things like flashy passing integrated into regular passing, but based on ratings.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 02-02-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
LOL!

I understand the desire to have more control of where the ball goes but I'm from the camp I people that want to see even things like flashy passing integrated into regular passing, but based on ratings.
I know I think flashy pass should be tendency based. I was saying we should have more control over not necessarily where the ball goes b/c that is not even suppose be an issue but how the pass is delivered.

If there's going to be a flashy pass STICK put it to use properly. For the more basic players they do have different control scheme's they put out as a alternative. Its a win win bro b/c you will have another option if you get frustrated with turnovers and want to be in more control.

They still do throw flashy passes randomly when you press X sometimes to bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
I know I think flashy pass should be tendency based. I was saying we should have more control over not necessarily where the ball goes b/c that is not even suppose be an issue but how the pass is delivered.

If there's going to be a flashy pass STICK put it to use properly. For the more basic players they do have different control scheme's they put out as a alternative. Its a win win bro b/c you will have another option if you get frustrated with turnovers and want to be in more control.

They still do throw flashy passes randomly when you press X sometimes to bro.
As long as nothing is mandatory, I'm all for player choice!

You should see all the stuff I support and never use with MLB The Show. If you saw my control schemes with that game you'd wonder if you can even call it actually "me playing."

But I love that players of all breeds have the choices. Choice in sports game is good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »