Home

Game will not start when signed into my profile.

This is a discussion on Game will not start when signed into my profile. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Game will not start when signed into my profile.

System: Xbox One

When I put in the disc, and am signed into my profile, I get the two white screens with all the team logos, and then the screen goes black, where there would normally be the intro video. It hangs at this black screen until I turn off the Xbox or back out to the Xbox home screen and force quit the game.

When I am not signed into a profile and start the game up, the two white screens with the team logos start up, but there is a pop-up that says "initializing roster" (or something along those lines. I will edit this post with the exact wording of the pop up when I get home from work). After the white screens, the intro video plays like normal and I am able to get to the main menu of the game.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to address this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Game will not start when signed into my profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triballeo
System: Xbox One

When I put in the disc, and am signed into my profile, I get the two white screens with all the team logos, and then the screen goes black, where there would normally be the intro video. It hangs at this black screen until I turn off the Xbox or back out to the Xbox home screen and force quit the game.

When I am not signed into a profile and start the game up, the two white screens with the team logos start up, but there is a pop-up that says "initializing roster" (or something along those lines. I will edit this post with the exact wording of the pop up when I get home from work). After the white screens, the intro video plays like normal and I am able to get to the main menu of the game.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to address this?
I'm on XB1 and have had the same problem for weeks... What I have to do is eject the disk, logout of my profile and then restart the game. When it gets to the portion where the wording flashes on the screen - something like "150,000 man hours..." I hit the white XBOX symbol and log into my profile. It works from there. It's a work around... but it needs to get fixed!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Game will not start when signed into my profile.

Try hard resetting the console. To hard reset turn xbox off, take power plug out for 10 seconds and plug it back in.

If that doesn't work, unattach your xbox profile from the xbox and reattach it. That should fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »