Home

In what area will 2K make its next big leap?

This is a discussion on In what area will 2K make its next big leap? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #17
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: In what area will 2K make its next big leap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This game needs real time physics and less two man interactions/animations.

There are a lot of legacy anims still in the game that seem to have been brought over from current gen and it really detracts from the experience.
Amen preach on.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 AM   #18
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
Its 500 VC. Play two teamup games. Stop complaining about this already.
It's the principle not the price, that much should be apparent lol Until 2k shows some kind of recognition of this problem then I don't think people are wrong for bringing it up often.

Anyway, what do these VC walls (regardless of price) add to the game? Does it improve the experience for users? Is it critical in anyway for the game to function properly? Because it doesn't look like it, so the only justification you could have for it is "it's only 500 VC." Why bother with it in modes the way they do. Online modes, extra customization to appearance, etc. I understand but not what they have now really. Tying this into the thread, they're going to need to re-evaluate their direction as far as incorporating VC into modes where there's no need for it, and not putting simple features behind VC walls.

Simply getting back to how the game was basically structured in the past in that regard would go a long way, then they could focus on the newer ideas IMO. Because if they keep building with this direction it won't be as good as it could be. Another thing they need to look at are the servers of course, just getting them to work and not needing them so much for the game itself outside of online modes. Sounds like a lot of simple and obvious stuff so hopefully they look at that.

Last edited by spacedog; 02-07-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:45 AM   #19
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

After being a disappointment for the 4th or 5th year in a row, I really hope MyGM/Association makes a big leap this year.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #20
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
After being a disappointment for the 4th or 5th year in a row, I really hope MyGM/Association makes a big leap this year.

I'd love that. Problem is they'll only spend more time on a mode if they can monetise it even further.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

They won't!

They sold $5 million copies with 2K14.

They fixed a lot of the issues with 2K14 on the Curgen systems but decided to use 2K11 as a base model for Nexgen, WTH?

Yeah 2K11 for a 2014 game.

2 steps forward 4 steps back.

Last edited by keshunleon; 02-07-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
They won't!

They sold $5 million copies with 2K14.

They fixed a lot of the issues with 2K14 on the Curgen systems but decided to use 2K11 as a base model for Nexgen, WTH?

Yeah 2K11 for a 2014 game.

2 steps forward 4 steps back.
I question the legitimacy of your MVP overall 9 score as a community member with rants like this:

"They fixed a lot of the issues with 2K14 on the Curgen systems but decided to use 2K11 as a base model for Nexgen, WTH?"

What did they fix? Have you not been on these forums the past 4 months?
Do you not see the list of threads open here pertaining to whats wrong with these 2k14 games? Are you oblivious to the fact that 2k release beta copies of its game in october and ALWAYS release "PATCHES" to "FIX" their "fiNISHED" titles every single year? These patches arent DLC. They are PATCHES to fix broken *** game modes, glitches, overpriced or disappearing Market items. What exactly out of the box on day one did 2ksports fix?

So they made defense a priority again....big deal....It was already in the game before....they didnt have blocking in 2k13....a whole entire year without blocking shots, or dunks, or anything for that matter. that is inexcusable. So now they put was missing back in their title, and all is right with 2k? They took out their best game mode in crew, then they brought it back but stripped it down and gave us a watered down version of it....SO if they give us the crew mode we wanted the whole time in NBA2K15, should we say they fixed everything that was wrong with 2k14?

You sir are a prime example of why games never get fixed. It's people like you who 2k thinks represent the mindset of the masses and feel like they dont have to improve their games.

Just do us real fans a favor and stop posting on these these threads until you know more about what you're talking about.

With each word you speak, you make us one step closer to releasing an even more terrible product year after year.

WHat a Bozo!!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Mrleaderboards if you want to blame me for 2K14 then you need to read my other posts.
Have you heard of:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-wishlist.html

Say what you wanna say about me and what I think about 2K's next big leap. I am strictly going off 2K's actions the past 10yrs.

If you look at most of my post I always talk about how 2K need to fix, remove, improve, add, change, make better, etc...

It's 2014 yet there are still issues with the game that was plaguing the game since 2K11.

In the past they release one patch that improves gameplay then they fix some of it with the next years game.

For 2K14 they released one patch mainly to fix many of the issues but they only fix some of the issues. Which should've been fixed before the game was released.

From Curgen to Nexgen 2K did improve the gameplay but honestly its really 2K14.5.

Let's see the same accessory glitches that has plagued the series since 2K11 is still there.

Last edited by keshunleon; 02-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #24
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards

Speaking of which....

More Crossover Animations and Broke Ankle animations
If you were to increase the rate at which someone would get their ankles broken from a sick crossover, that would make the game more authentic.

Even if 2k improves the fluidity of the right stick dribbling, we need to see how effective and powerful the crossover dribble is. Offense should beat defense every single time. I dont care if you put a LBJ, or Paul George on the perimeter, if theres someone who handle the ball, they should be able to move the defender at will, especially if the USER knows how to setup an opponent for a nice crossover.

I really disagree. This would make the game even more arcade, and make certain players undefendeable.

I play with Lillard and get a healthy number of ankle breakers, any more than what's already there it would just be silly. Offensive players already do dictate a defenders actions big time as it's already a pain to play onball in this game anyways. Last thing we need is a multitude of uncontrollable fail animations that result in an even more scripted experience.

I wouldn't mind if they had a slider for what you're asking for strictly for offline players only, but what you're asking for would massacre any competitive nature in online play. This type of stuff should be exclusive to the park IMHO as it is a far departure from a sim basketball experience.

The bold portion especially concerns me, what you're essentially asking for is "full user control." Go look how that's worked out for EA's football titles. I those games you'd have a hard time distinguishing one player from another as it's ultimately up to the user's stick skills to have success.

That's why I love 2k - I can take Wesley Matthews on the low block and shoot a fade away jumper with him. It's not his best shot, but it's in his arsenal. Because it's in his arsenal 2k let's me pull it off. Same with Batum, the drifting 19 footer is a money shot for him IRL and 2k let's me pull that off in game because its Nicolas Batum (who is comfortable with that shot IRL). Batum can hit it Greg Monroe cannot. That's a small example of one thing that separates the two IRL and in 2k.

2k does a very very very good job of representing individual players skill sets. If you know your team and watch them religiously you'd have no choice but to appreciate that.

As far as what I'd like to see....

1) Better spacing/respect for other players both Offensively and defensively.

2) More control over type of pass and touch on passes

3) More consistent pick and roll game (too often players out of position to set pick, and spacing is off)

4) Would be sweet to have each teams commentators (through DLC package if necessary) existing commentary is stale.

5) Nicolas Batum, lockdown defender lol

6) True physics (fights for the ball)

7) Physical pushes/shoves when the game gets chippy

8 ) Errors on calls with reviews

9) Flagrant fouls, Technical fouls on player by player basis depending on situation and player.

10) Negative signature skills, negative personality traits

11) 13 man rotation (13th is optional reserve)

12) Tone back crazy Arena lights

13) Arena sound effects for each team

14) Crowd specific chants for each team

15) More fouls on jumpshots

16) animations for players in pain after hard fouls or awkward landings

17) More personality/individuality offball, not all players move the same

That's all I've got for now.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 02-07-2014 at 10:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »