Home

How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time

This is a discussion on How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2014, 04:08 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time

I could be nowhere near the player, He'll be moving in one direction and as soon as I pass the ball, he will stop or move in an entirely different direction, basically drawing the pass into the defenders hands or at least into traffic. The spacing may have something to do with close proximity passing like off of a pick and pop or pick n roll, but its more than just that being the problem.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

All you can do is pray....
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
During gameplay, press left on the dpad and change your "Actions" to "Space the Floor." If it's set to "Motion Cuts" or "Freelance Actions" you'll get a lot of off-ball movement from your AI teammates.

For your "Half Court Set," use "4 out 1 in" if your power forward can shoot threes. Use "3 out 2 in" if your power forward is more of an inside banger.

That should help your players maintain proper spacing.
One of the most important changes you can make in next gen is to change this to space the floor if you have shooters. The difference between spacing the floor with the option set to motion cuts and spacing the floor with the option to space the floor is night and day.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
During gameplay, press left on the dpad and change your "Actions" to "Space the Floor." If it's set to "Motion Cuts" or "Freelance Actions" you'll get a lot of off-ball movement from your AI teammates.

For your "Half Court Set," use "4 out 1 in" if your power forward can shoot threes. Use "3 out 2 in" if your power forward is more of an inside banger.

That should help your players maintain proper spacing.
Learned something new today thanks!
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Yea, thanks for the space the floor tip. Helped out a ton! 1 problem down, 299 left, lol
Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #14
Pro

Here's how I deal with the cutting. I've played so many games I am pretty confident when he's about to cut so I pass way early because I know it's going to lead and become successful. Also, I found that if you start moving towards the corner and the player cuts towards the basket before you pass, it is a great opportunity to throw him an ally oop.

However, what has improved my gameplay immensely and reduced the dreadful charging into defense when there is an open shot is PLAYS.

I have over a dozen go-to plays that I like and I noticed when I run them that the player I ran the play for will take the open shot no matter where he is on the floor. Even if he doesn't have he shot as soona s he gets the ball at the end of the play he will pop himself open even at mid range and shoot. I get so many assists from Durant (finally got on the Thunder yay) by getting him the ball from one of my favorite plays and he'll bust himself open.

However, there are some situations that still have me scratching my head. Like the pos generated rookie that will never shoot a 3. But this certainly helped me reduce the aggravation.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Crookid; 02-10-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
Have you tried the offensive strategy options? Push left on the d -pad to bring up the menu. Choose your set first (4 out, 1 in , 3 out, 2 in).

4 out, 1 in : 4 shooters on the perimeter, 1 player inside

3 out, 2 in : 3 shooters on the perimeter, 2 players inside

Then choose your modifier (motion, freelance, space the floor). All three modifiers should help you get your shooters in position.

Motion: creates off ball movement. look for your shooters coming off screens and lead pass them to the corner.

Freelance: your shooters should try to get in the best possible position to score based on 2k tendencies.

Space the floor: your players will look to keep proper space from the ball handler and post players. you can move your shooters into the corner by dribbling the ball towards them. they move in relation to how close you get to them.

da czar put together a couple of videos that explain the offensive strategy options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ3oxpztDZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q13IJhAzyA
check out da czar's videos (current gen) in the quoted post for a more detailed explanation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #16
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Also, press left on the D pad and choose something else instead of "Motion cuts".

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »