Home

How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time

This is a discussion on How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time

Seriously, i will have some amazing shooter like Chris Mullin open for 3 in the corner and then he'll decide to cut to the basket as soon as i pass because he thinks taking on Mutombo for a layup is a better shot. I have tried changing to freelance actions and space the floor but it still happens.

So 1st 2k makes the defensive settings broken so bums can jack 3s all day and turbo around in circles and now the offensive settings piss you off as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: How the hell do i stop players cutting at literally the worst possible time

I feel ya there is nothing you can do!

I've tried everything but players will cut into traffic or a few steps behind the 3 line.

It happens all over the court: I do a P&P the player will pop to the FT line. I will do a simple pass, no direction and soon as I pass it he drift out to the 3 line.

I think that's how the CPU cheats to stop the user because I rarely see it against other users.

Last edited by keshunleon; 02-08-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

When you space the floor are you moving toward the player who is cutting? If so he is clearing the space out for you. A lot of it could have to do with timing. Try to see it and make the pass earlier. I have the same problem sometimes but its mainly my players wont cut to the basket.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Try returning the left stick to a center position. Too often I'm moving while making that pass and I'll make them cut that way.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Try returning the left stick to a center position. Too often I'm moving while making that pass and I'll make them cut that way.
Yeh its like its permanently on lead pass. Patient offense helped me alot but overall the AI does not make intelligent decisions when it comes to getting open and finding holes in the defense.

You might pass the ball to a muf and he might come to the ball but to damn close to the ball handler bringing his defender with him or it might be a huge hole in the zone but these mufs will not cut or go to the open spots.

When you have this kind of hectic movement it does nothing but fxxx up your offensive strategy and blow up your damn plays b/c it actually does things like bring the d to you and put them in a position to make a good play on the ball

YEH 2k please handle "yo mutha muffin bidness".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

During gameplay, press left on the dpad and change your "Actions" to "Space the Floor." If it's set to "Motion Cuts" or "Freelance Actions" you'll get a lot of off-ball movement from your AI teammates.

For your "Half Court Set," use "4 out 1 in" if your power forward can shoot threes. Use "3 out 2 in" if your power forward is more of an inside banger.

That should help your players maintain proper spacing.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-08-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
During gameplay, press left on the dpad and change your "Actions" to "Space the Floor." If it's set to "Motion Cuts" or "Freelance Actions" you'll get a lot of off-ball movement from your AI teammates.

For your "Half Court Set," use "4 out 1 in" if your power forward can shoot threes. Use "3 out 2 in" if your power forward is more of an inside banger.

That should help your players maintain proper spacing.
Reread his post lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluteme757
When you space the floor are you moving toward the player who is cutting? If so he is clearing the space out for you. A lot of it could have to do with timing. Try to see it and make the pass earlier. I have the same problem sometimes but its mainly my players wont cut to the basket.
Yeah this fellow is correct.

If you go towards the baseline the guy in the corner will go to the opposite side to keep the spacing.

Also make sure you aren't lead passing them.

Other than that you can't always control the random cuts, especially on the fastbreak. Some guys tend to cut when it isn't there rather than stay spaced out and fill the lanes on the break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »