Home

MyGM Players Growing Taller at random! Help!

This is a discussion on MyGM Players Growing Taller at random! Help! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #49
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MyGM Players Growing Taller at random! Help!

Just when I was about to start a mygm. This game is broken
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #50
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: MyGM Players Growing Taller at random! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I mean seriously??? How do bugs this major and head scratching exist at all in production at release, let alone after like 4 patches? After this and the no free agency bug in My Career, you have to seriously wonder what kind of QA did this game even go through? Is there even a QA tester? This is ridiculous!

How in the world did 2K fall from the most quality and reliable basketball game in the business to this???
Having been fortunate enough to get experience working in the QA department for a company that provides enterprise applications, I wouldn't think it'd be easy to detect a bug like this. It's unfortunate some in the general population focuses on the few bugs that make it out of a QA cycle than the [likely] hundreds/thousands that are fixed before the product is released. Especially an obscure bug such as this - who would think to write a test case to make sure a player's height doesn't change after a coach is fired? Why not make sure to have test cases to ensure players heights don't change after the All-Star game? After a star rated 86 and above is traded to a team with less than 40% win percentage? I remember people complaining about QA with 2K13 when that online shooting glitch occurred - forget the name of it, people would do some dribbling move outside the three point line and hit a high percentage of their shots - while that bug was even more obscure than this one, there were some people upset that it existed in the first place. But who would think to test for something crazy like that?

The game typically has far more content than most sports games out there. It's a wonder there aren't more significant issues that slip through the cracks I'd think. And I think that about a lot of applications, not just games. Probably the easiest way to get a better handle on things would be to offer less, so there are less variables to contend with. But guessing gamers wouldn't like that either.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »