Home

The Future:7ft SF's with Handle & Jumpshots

This is a discussion on The Future:7ft SF's with Handle & Jumpshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Icon10 The Future:7ft SF's with Handle & Jumpshots

SO over the years, I've read countless posts where community members were like "Oh my god, you're such a cheater....why do you make a 7ft small forward
thats shoots 3's all day". Or "Being 7ft with handles and shooting threes all day
isn't sim". My favorite is "If you wanna go make a 7ft small forward, just stick to playing in an arcade or better just stick to black top".

Well.....Im sorry to say this to yall....but i have to say it...this is going to be a reality in the very near future.

Basketball players usually define an ERA....and the kids watching them play during their generation model their games after them.

^^^guess who watched him growing up?

you guessed it...

^^^He inspired a whole generation of kids like....

Which in turn Inspires a Generation of kids to want to play like them like:

Speaking of Kevin Durant.....

Imagine what a Generation of kids playing basketball would like if they modeled their games after a wiry, 6-10 small forward who shoots lights out and can handle the ball like a guard?

Ladies and gentleman....i present the future....THON MAKER!

If this is what the future holds....it's going to be interesting to see the kinds of schemes coaches are going to have to implement to try and stop someone who can take your big man outside and break him down.....

P.S...Did i mention this kid is only a SOPHOMORE in HIGH SCHOOL??? OH My GOD....the future is bright INDEED!!!

Last edited by Mrleaderboards; 02-10-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

Re: The Future:7ft SF's with Handle & Jumpshots

and for every Kevin Durant or Thon Maker, there's hundreds average sized small forward at 6'7

Last edited by GR5Noles; 02-10-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
and for every Kevin Durant or Thon Maker, there's hundreds average sized small forward at 6'7
that may be true...but what about every kid watching this generation of players like Dirk nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Andrea Bargnani, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love, Lamarcus ALdridge, Chris Bosh. These are STRETCH 4's. They make the defense have to cover the outside as well as the inside. It's not that hard to see the League go in a direction where they only want guys like durant and k love a power forward position simply to create mismatches.

Being 6'7 is cool....being 6'8 and taller with moves like jagger and jumpshot to boot is rare...for now....and might one day become the norm....thats all im saying. Evolution my friend....
Old 02-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

sonicboy793's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
SO over the years, I've read countless posts where community members were like "Oh my god, you're such a cheater....why do you make a 7ft small forward
thats shoots 3's all day". Or "Being 7ft with handles and shooting threes all day
isn't sim". My favorite is "If you wanna go make a 7ft small forward, just stick to playing in an arcade or better just stick to black top".

Well.....Im sorry to say this to yall....but i have to say it...this is going to be a reality in the very near future.

Basketball players usually define an ERA....and the kids watching them play during their generation model their games after them.

^^^guess who watched him growing up?

you guessed it...

^^^He inspired a whole generation of kids like....

Which in turn Inspires a Generation of kids to want to play like them like:

Speaking of Kevin Durant.....

Imagine what a Generation of kids playing basketball would like if they modeled their games after a wiry, 6-10 small forward who shoots lights out and can handle the ball like a guard?

Ladies and gentleman....i present the future....THON MAKER!

If this is what the future holds....it's going to be interesting to see the kinds of schemes coaches are going to have to implement to try and stop someone who can take your big man outside and break him down.....

P.S...Did i mention this kid is only a SOPHOMORE in HIGH SCHOOL??? OH My GOD....the future is bright INDEED!!!
i hate when sim players complain about making a my player in a NON SIM mode. i feel my player is so that you can create any player YOU want not what other people deem is SIM or not
Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Why is this not in the nba threads though?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Why does it matter to you what others call sim or not? That's the beauty of my player, you can make whoever you want and play however you want without listening to what anyone has to say about it. I personally don't think this is what the future of the league looks like either, but hey, you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This does not belong in the 2k section
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »