Home

Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request

This is a discussion on Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request

Ok guys you know the drill, let the devs know what we want added back in/correct in NBA 2K14 NextGen and not wait till NBA2K15 Next Gen. To start -

1. Ability to Create a player and use in any mode of the game.
2. Ability to edit rosters and save them to the hardrive instead off uploading online and having to re download them for use.
3. Ability to turn injuries off after you download and edit a 2K roster and make it custom.
4. Dolby digital PS4 sound glitch, sound cuts out during gameplay. Me and a few others have noticed that while playing the game and having your PS4 system hooked up to a Dolby digital sound system that the sound turns off on its own.
5. Slider/settings not staying saved, reverts back to default or different settings than what was saved.
6. Add back in end of game highlight reel, only player of the game highlights are being shown at the end of basketball games. Some users have claimed that it was there before the last patch/update.
next....
7. Add back in individual defensive settings - example - can't choose to sag off or play tight or deny ball on certain player or players. Users have also claimed that this option was originally in the game before the last patch/update. (Or just possibly write a indepth insight about the POE defensive and offensive feature to show why it maybe better than having the individual defensive settings.
8. - Credit/Quote by member Stillfeelme - warping is a big problem in this game you can not play realistic defense as soon as you try to get up on the CPU they will warp through you via the pass or their body to get where they need to be or the ball goes through you. Bring a double team warp, warp, and more more warping. They pass out of the double team ball warp.
Passing by the CPU into the paint is so unrealistic again warping, warping and more warping to get easy bucket. The angles of the pass again too many passes getting to where they shouldn't way too easy to pass in the paint. The passing success rates are way way too high in the paint. These are passes that shouldn't even be made and connected. CPU teammate awareness is nowhere to be found for passes in the paint. It is like the game is coded to take away any "reasonable" smart teammate logic.
9. Players still not spacing properly on some pick and roll plays and also there are spacing issue on post up players where a offensive player will post up and a big man will come clog the paint and be in the way or a wing player will not give proper spacing to the player posting up.

10. CPU A.I. fastbreaks ball movement. CPU ball handlers during fastbreaks will sometimes not pass to the open teammate that is ahead on the fast break or open teammates will run to the 3 point line instead of to the basket during fastbreaks.

next.....

Last edited by STLRams; 12-06-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA2K14 NextGen Patch Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Ok guys you know the drill, let the devs know what we want added/correct in NBA 2K14 Nextgen. To start -

1. Ability to Create a player and use in any mode of the game.
2. Ability to edit rosters and save them to the hardrive instead off uploading online and having to re download them for use.
3. Option to use custom rosters in NBA Today games, this has been a option in NBA 2K11,2K12 2K13.

next....
That is literally all I need,

1. Defensive Settings: Play off, Play Tight, Double Team.

and those 3 things and this game is near perfect. As is these omissions are ruining the game for me.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Ability to save sliders and not have them revert back when you have them in game.

I am in an uproar about this right now.

Rosters yeah ok i get it but sliders?

I cant play on default difficulties they are NOT good at all EVER
Old 11-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

The correct Detroit Pistons jerseys, the road jersey has the wrong neck, and the blue is way off

Ignore Cousins btw

Last edited by Factzzz; 11-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Rookie

MaxCheeba's Arena

OVR: 4

The ability to choose sides during MyGM games...So that a second player can also play.

part of the BEST online community in Madden. Operation Sports !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

DEFENSIVE SETTINGS.

We can no longer control the following:

Individual double teams.
Defensive pressure on ball.
Defensive pressure off ball.
Pick and roll defense
Pick and roll hedge

Removal of these is nearly game breaking for anyone who plays sim and cares about defense.

Points of emphasis are nice but it is not nearly the same thing as defensive schemes.

Coaching sliders are also uneditable in the middle of a game. Only three sliders can be changed even though many exist in the roster editor. This is also a huge blow for sim play.

What's strange is that these settings reportedly existed before the game installs in the Quick Game. Please patch these back in so that we have the same control in the core game as current gen.

EDIT: I just checked. Defensive settings were missing even in the pre-install Quick Game as well as in games before the network patch, so it seems that they were removed from the get go. This is a HUGE issue. It's the equivalent of removing playcalling from the offensive side of the game.

Last edited by Sundown; 11-18-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Ability to save sliders and not have them revert back when you have them in game.

I am in an uproar about this right now.

Rosters yeah ok i get it but sliders?

I cant play on default difficulties they are NOT good at all EVER
This is an absolute must. Pretty shocked this was overlooked.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not sure if this is patchable, but let the trade logic be decided by stats rather than overall rating..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »