Home

Does 2k ever actually update the rosters?

This is a discussion on Does 2k ever actually update the rosters? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does 2k ever actually update the rosters?

I know that they do player movement, and the current roster is completely up to date including Big Baby Davis' release. What I mean is do they ever actually update the ratings and tendencies?

I'm asking because Spencer Hawes is averaging about 4 3 point attempts per game but has a 3 point tendency of 15, MCW is averaging about 3 attempts per game but has a tendency of 1, and Thad Young is also averaging about 3 attempts per game but has a tendency of 0. And that's just one team (Hawes has since been moved) with badly broken tendencies.

I've tried to make a SF MyCareer but keep on getting drafted by the 76ers with these broken tendencies and it's awful - there's zero spacing. Should I just give up waiting and try to start over with a different team or will they actually fix these problems eventually?

And on a related note, why the hell did they take away custom rosters in MyCareer?

Last edited by Weeaboo; 02-22-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: paragraph breaks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Does 2k ever actually update the rosters?

They update ratings for certain players every now and then but I don't think they've updated tendencies since 2013. I also play on the Sixers and it does kinda suck that Hawes doesn't shoot 3s or stand by the perimeter but whatever.
They need to make updating tendencies more of a priority because it makes the game play realistic. Idk why they always have to update injuries and trades right away but can't make changes to ratings or tendencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
They update ratings for certain players every now and then but I don't think they've updated tendencies since 2013. I also play on the Sixers and it does kinda suck that Hawes doesn't shoot 3s or stand by the perimeter but whatever.
They need to make updating tendencies more of a priority because it makes the game play realistic. Idk why they always have to update injuries and trades right away but can't make changes to ratings or tendencies.

My biggest issue is more with Young than Hawes, since Young is constantly standing on the perimeter but doesn't do anything when the ball is passed to him.

This really wouldn't even be an issue that 2k needs to worry about if they hadn't changed it so we can't use custom rosters in MyCareer.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeaboo
My biggest issue is more with Young than Hawes, since Young is constantly standing on the perimeter but doesn't do anything when the ball is passed to him.

This really wouldn't even be an issue that 2k needs to worry about if they hadn't changed it so we can't use custom rosters in MyCareer.

The thing that saved this game for me was getting the on court coach skill. When you have it you can change the offense around. Every game I change it to 3 out-2 in so Thad stays in the middle. And I change it to freelance offense so your teammates react better to what you're doing, making it easier to be a slasher on the team.
This does require quite a bit of VC but I think if you make a point forward SF you can do this by default.
At first this team was so annoying because of terrible spacing but now it's really fun and Thad is a beast. He's averaging 18 & 8 now that we're in the playoffs. It sucks that we have to do all these workarounds because we can't use custom rosters but I'm enjoying the game now.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

The guy(s) that update the rosters clearly don't watch basketball. It's pretty embarrassing how bad and off base the ratings are. They need to make the three point and mid range ratings consistent with volume and percentage.

Nba.com gives stats for every player with percentages on mid ranged shots, threes, etc. Not to mention NBA.com lets you watch videos of every player down to the specifics, from every one of a player's fga, turnovers, assists, etc to driving floaters, pull up jumpers, layups in the restricted area, etc. It's amazing how they can't get the ratings right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

They never decrease players. I don't understand how you have guys like Stoudemire , Granger, Shumpert, etc.. Still playing at a high level. It's stupid
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the ratings are the games main weakness. The tendencies or lack of following the tendencies prevent me from playing the cpu, since all the cpu does is jack up threes all game. Therefore, I cant enjoy realistic roster ratings and play an online game. Its either or to me. Either I get a custom roster vs. The cpu or I get a user v. User online game with the trash 2k roster ratings.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 02-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

It's mind blowing (and very frustrating) that they still haven't hired one or two competent roster guys. It would take the game to the next level. But nah let's let theses roster drag the game down like it did for the last decade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »