Home

Get Rid of the Euro teams and Add some classic teams!

This is a discussion on Get Rid of the Euro teams and Add some classic teams! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Get Rid of the Euro teams and Add some classic teams!

The 14 Euro teams in the game are useless. Lets be honest who really uses them?

I think if 2k is smart, they should utilize the opportunity of using younger versions of current players while they have their rights! Using younger versions/ prime versions of these players can also benefit myteam mode. 2k recevies loads of money from people who buy VC in order to buy packs and finish collections. Adding more classic teams will only allow them to profit more.

Yes I know everyone wants to see Barkleys Suns and Reggie Millers Pacers but lets be realistic. 2k has probably tried to get their rights but they have too high demands or just don't want to be in a video game.

10 Teams that should replace the Euroleague teams. (RED MEANS NOT IN GAME)

1.00-01 Lakers (REPLACE the 97-98 version and can be used against 76ers)
Kobe
Shaq
Fisher
Horry
Harper
Grant
Shaw
Madsen
D.George
R.Fox

Medvedenko
(can be used in 03-04 team)

2.03-04 Pistons(Championship)
Billups
Rip
Prince
Sheed(assistant coach)
E.Campbell
M.James
Darko
Ben Wallace
C.Williamson
L.Hunter

D.Ham

3.03-04 Lakers
Kobe
Shaq
Payton
K.Malone
Fisher
B****ssell
Horace Grant
L.Walton
B.Cook
D.George
R.Fox

Medvedenko

4.06-07 Suns
Nash
Amare
Marion
Bell
K.Thomas
Barbosa
J.Jones
Diaw

5.06-07 Spurs(Championship)
Duncan
Parker
Ginobili
Horry
Bonner
Elson(still in 2k FA?)
Vaughn(coach)
Udrih
B.Bowen
M.Finley
B.Barry
Oberto

6.05-06 Miami Heat
Wade
Shaq
Haslem
Payton
Zo
Posey(FA in 2k)
Kapono
D.Wright
E.Barron
A.Walker
J.Williams

7.05-06 Mavs
Dirk
Terry
Josh Howard( in FA?)
M.Daniels
Stackhouse(FA)
D.Harris
Diop
Dampier
A.Griffin

8.07-08 Rockets (22 Game Winning streak)
Scola
Landry
A.Brooks
Battier
C.Hayes
M.James
Mutumbo
Yao
Tmac
R.Alston

9. 07-08 Celtics(Championship)
Pierce
KG
Ray Allen
Rondo
Perkins
T.Allen
S.Cassell( Already in game)
G.Davis
L.Powe (FA?)
Posey(FA)
E.House(FA)
PJ Brown

10.07-08 Cavs
Lebron
Gibson
Gooden
Varejao
Delonte West(FA)
Pavlovic(FA)
Larry Hughes
Z.Ilgauskas
Damon Jones

10. 07-08 Lakers
Kobe
Odom
Fisher
Farmar
Pau
Bynum
Kwame
Radmanovic
Walton
Turiaf
Ariza
Mbenga

10. 05-06 Nets
Carter
Kidd(coach)
R.Jefferson
Kristic(Euro)
C.Robinson(Already in game)
Vaughn(coach)
A.Wright(FA?)
J.Collins
S.Padgett

Some of you might question why I included the Vince Carter Nets and TMac Rockets. I did it so that it could add more players. Tmac's Magic and Carter's Nets dont really have that much good players on their roster and would be a waste.

The only players that I can see asking for a lot of money for their rights are- Yao,A.Walker,Jason Williams, Finley, B.Barry, and Rick Fox. The rest shouldn't be hard

MyTeam has Diamond,Ruby, and Saphire Card players. Next year I am hoping they expand and add MVP Cards or Prime versions of the following players:

Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Dirk Nowitzki
Tracy McGrady
Chauncey Billups
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Tim Duncan
Jason Kidd

What do you think? What teams would you add?

Last edited by nyccc; 02-23-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Get Rid of the Euro teams and Add some classic teams!

Great research. Other classic teams I thought could be added without the need for too many more individual player licenses (i.e. using players already in the game). Players not in 2K are bolded:

1999-2000 Raptors
Vince Carter
Doug Christie
Dell Curry
Kevin Willis
Charles Oakley
Muggsy Bogues
Sean Marks (was in 2K, now unsure)
Tracy McGrady (featured in 2K12's Legends Showcase)
Dee Brown (feature in 2K12's Legends Showcase, suggesting rights have been or can be acquired)
Antonio Davis
Alvin Williams
John Thomas

2006-2007 Warriors
Baron Davis (unsure if completely unavailable in 2K14 or free agent)
Monta Ellis
Jason Richardson
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Matt Barnes
Andris Biedrins
Mickael Pietrus
Kelenna Azubuike
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Josh Powell
Adonal Foyle

2006-2007 Jazz
Carlos Boozer
Mehmet Okur (FA or is he gone? Also would be on '04 Pistons)
Deron Williams
Derek Fisher
Andrei Kirilenko
Paul Millsap
Ronnie Brewer
C.J. Miles
Louis Amundson
Matt Harpring
Jarron Collins
Gordan Giricek
Dee Brown

2008-2009 Nuggets
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
J.R. Smith
Kenyon Martin
Nene
Dahntay Jones
Chris Andersen
Linas Kleiza (Unsure if still in)
Renaldo Balkman (Unsure)
Johan Petro (Unsure)
Anthony Carter
Jason Hart

Last edited by VDusen04; 02-23-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree about getting rid of those euro teams but not a fan of adding more classic teams. I don't use them and my thought process is that if I wanted to play with old teams I would go play old games lol. Another thing about those classic teams is that they are not accurate portrayed 100%. I think it's a waste of time and space when they could put those efforts towards something more important in my opinion but I'm not knocking you guys tho.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I agree about getting rid of those euro teams but not a fan of adding more classic teams. I don't use them and my thought process is that if I wanted to play with old teams I would go play old games lol. Another thing about those classic teams is that they are not accurate portrayed 100%. I think it's a waste of time and space when they could put those efforts towards something more important in my opinion but I'm not knocking you guys tho.
I don't use them but thats because I'm tired of them, change the teams up. You can have a few that repeat consistently but having the same teams every year is lame.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Get rid of all the extra teams and bunker down more on the likeness of the present players and gear imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I respect your opinion on this matter. And I believe there could be something to the notion of just going back and playing NBA 2K9 if one wishes to use a 2009 retro team. However, hooking up the Playstation 2 just so one can use the 2004 Pistons in ESPN NBA Basketball 2004 just isn't going to cut it. Furthermore, I wish not for Tecmo NBA Basketball to be my only representation of the 1992 Chicago Bulls. I feel classic NBA teams vastly increases the value of 2K's product. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but they're a lot of people's cup of tea. I figure, the more authentic NBA options, the better for gamers and fans of the NBA.

Further, even as a stickler of historic NBA details, the manner with which 2K has been able to fill out the teams in the past (at least seven real players) has never been an issue for me, in terms of 100% portrayal. It only became a problem once 2K removed the ability for gamers to fill out the rest of the rosters themselves (alongside accurately editing shoes & accessories). If I have to create an Eric Snow here or there, or a Greg Kite, that's a compromise I'm willing to make in exchange for authentic classic courts, jerseys, signature dunk, shot, free throw, & layup packages and the inclusion of a vast majority of important stars and role players.

Last edited by VDusen04; 02-23-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I never use classic teams in quick games or online games but in MyTeam the classic players are really fun to use. The ability to put together players from the past and present is really fun to do. It would add more variety too for players to choose from. Yes they aren't accurately portrayed 100% but they can be if utilized correctly.

And lets be honest here, alot of present players arent accurately portrayed. Thats another issue to solve but this addition can be fun to use depending on how you play the game and what game modes you play. Not much effort can be put in to have these teams created because they already have more 3/4 of the players(well the ones I listed)
Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Agreed, I'd love to play with Barkley on the Suns or Miller on the Pacers. There are a lot of teams in the late 80's/early 90's that could be improved on. 2k did a decent job selecting the teams but there are a lot more to choose from and I guarantee they get more play than the Euro teams but idk. Having a full league with these teams would be ideal

Last edited by Dynastyyy; 02-24-2014 at 02:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »