Home

Defensive Assistance Rating

This is a discussion on Defensive Assistance Rating within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
Rookie

JumpmanXXIII's Arena

OVR: 1
Defensive Assistance Rating

What exactly does it do? The last few games I've played online the other player has it moved up all the way to 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Assistance Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanXXIII
What exactly does it do? The last few games I've played online the other player has it moved up all the way to 100%
Defensive Assist Rating: It it how much the CPU helps you play defense, so when you are playing on-ball D it will be more locked in to the guy you are defending, it was also give you more animations and in my opinion is used by people who are not good at defending.

It is much harder to defend if you switch it all the way to 0 because there is hardly any help and you can really see a difference between different people you play.

Try it out, you should notice quite a big difference, even with 0 assist there are still some animations and a little help I've found
Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

I find it that the higher you go you lose control of your player. You really do have to find your happy medium, I personally have mine at 0 cause it's hard enough playing D in this game then having the CPU pull you places you don't wanna b
Old 02-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
Rookie

I switch it to 100 because it's the only way to contest a shot with out pressing a button to do it. This way as long as you can stay in front of your man you get the contest animation when they finally shoot. Helps combat all the side to side dribble then pull up 3 shots. But honestly it's only helpful if your playing on ball D and with all the input lag I don't see why any one would even bother.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
Rookie

I pull it down to 0 when playing bigs (MyCareer) 'cause it's simply much more effective to roam freely in the paint. It's almost impossible to leave your man to contest drives to the basket with defensive assist turned on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
Rookie

I'd say that defense is much more in your control with this turned off. That being said, it'll be frustrating the first few games you play. I started to bite on crossovers and didn't "automatically" jump back in front of them. But once you get used to it, it adds more freedom on the defensive end.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Just started!

This way as long as you can stay in front of your man you get the contest animation when they finally shoot.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I find it that the higher you go you lose control of your player. You really do have to find your happy medium, I personally have mine at 0 cause it's hard enough playing D in this game then having the CPU pull you places you don't wanna b
Complete agree!

I tried a few sliders that had it at 100 and my player was jumping all over the place and reacting to the 1st move then getting beat by the 2nd or 3rd.

There is a lot of sliding or I would say unrealistic movement when it's real high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »