Home

NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
Rookie

DMTS's Arena

OVR: 0
I would die for the ability to trash talk other players on social media. It would be cool if some fans talked about it on social media and the announcers mentioned it. Gameplay wise I think there should be some more aggressiveness in the AI for both teams.

I would love to create a Pacers - Heat type of rivalry.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #10
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer

Simulate games, manually get myself subbed out are HUGE.

Fundamentally though, I think we all have an idea of the type of player we want to be and lets be honest - most of us want to be a special player.

For example, if I want to be the beast that Charles Barkley was, I can do that, but why not let me at least skew it that way more freely at the beginning? I don't mind a grind, but the way it is makes you slow and a bad at 90% of things from the outset which is strange.

Also, maybe have currency for BS like clothes and separate currency for ability. Why not make my contract 2 year 300000 contract where that's for clothes and 5000 per year on skills? 2 year 1000 total VC is stupid and irrelevant. Who cares about that? I can use that app and make 150% of that EVERY day! Make it relevant. Like why waste 20,000k on shoes/shirts/shorts/suits when it's such a pain to earn those points that I can put towards skill? I'm not a 'light' player, I've put in over 60 hours, still haven't maxed myplayer and wouldn't dream of spending 2000 points on a silly suit.

Finally, add way more faces and allow a custom league. After all it's my game and I'd rather play with and against ewing, hakeem, wilkins, bird, magic etc... I may be in the minority, but I would love that.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #11
Rookie

tom180's Arena

Upgrading stats shouldn't be through VC but points you get from games you play instead. I don't like the conversation options, it's annoying because you can't really choose your personality, you select a option on what to say and ends up being a negative comment. They should show the whole caption of what you're choosing to say. I turned out to be aggressive and fighting a teammate, which is opposite of what I wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #12
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
So do you play all 82 games + playoffs in every year of your career? How do they expect you to even finish 1 season?
No, you can play key games instead of every game after the first season.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom180
Upgrading stats shouldn't be through VC but points you get from games you play instead. I don't like the conversation options, it's annoying because you can't really choose your personality, you select a option on what to say and ends up being a negative comment. They should show the whole caption of what you're choosing to say. I turned out to be aggressive and fighting a teammate, which is opposite of what I wanted.
Good call on the conversation/press conference thing. I'm not sure how much it changed for 2K14 but I definitely remember it being a running joke amongst me and my brothers in 2K13. All I'd want to do was play it straight and have my player reflect my own personality, yet when I picked the option that seemed to hint at going that route, the player would turn wildly mid-response and spit out something obnoxious and awful.

I'd like to be able to avoid all the drama and histrionics that comes with edgy press conferences and active Twitter participation if I choose. I'd like to just be a guy who's out there playing basketball and being above social media beefs and whatnot.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #14
MVP

Gameplay wise the biggest thing that needs upgrading, imo, are the tendencies. Both player and coaching tendencies. There's no reason that Jeremy Lamb should be taking more shots than KD every time you play OKC. Or when I play teams with good low post players, they rarely seem to post them up. This might be a problem with all game modes but I notice it much more in MC.
As for the storyline I have to agree with everything you said. Inability to skip cutscenes and predetermined events make having 2 my players unbearable. Also they need to get rid of Ellis. Just make a rivalry with the top prospect at your position. I'm an SG and would much rather have a rivalry with Oladipo than Ellis.
One thing I would like to see added is making cities unique. It's just an idea but I hate how everything is the same no matter where you play. Maybe if you play New York, you'll get more fans than if you played in Milwaukee. Maybe exclusive endorsements for cities or something like that. I haven't thought of many ideas for this but I think it would be great if they're were certain pros and cons for playing in each city just as in real life.
I would also like to see home court advantage mean something. Even if it's just something small like a slight rhythm boost for role players, it would be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #15
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
For me my issues have been with post game. I've had two games now where I've lost and the media is asking me questions about winning, it's a little detail, but I didn't even feel like answering the dumb questions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Great right up! Excellent points by OS'ers too. This MC started my curiosity going back to NBA 2k11, 13 and 14. I stopped playing NBA after 2k5. The intention of 2k to write up a "script" for this mode is great idea...but somehow with poor execution. It seems that the game is "forcing" you to play pre-sets goal like Free Throw and Jump shots. I mean you don't have to missed tons of shots to get into these practices. You can be inspired to do it by the encouragement of the coach or your teammates and then you can have the option to do it or not.

Also, substitution issues, foul trouble (committing 2 fouls in 1st qtr brings you the bench while committing the 5th early in the 3rd, you're still on the court!), "get the lead down to 5 pts" are some of the issues that for me left a sour taste.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »