Home

NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drspringroll
I only play mycareer on 360 but most of the things I state below should apply to all.

They need to get back to the basics and really work the content of the game from the ground up. I am all for customizations, but if they can’t improve the gameplay, I don’t care how much customization I have. There are a few things I want to see:

1. Better A.I., both defensively and offensively. Every year, we keep hearing 2K says they have a better AI in the latest release but year after year, it still falls short.

On the defensive end, I hate to see my teammates leaving shooters of the other team wide open or simply got lost and don't know whom they should guard. It's especially frustrating to see my teammates leaving shooters open in a close game. Playing on a higher difficulty level should not make my teammates incompetent for basic basketball play. I am totally fine if the CPU beat me fair and square.

The logic of defense needs a lot of work. The PF or C on my team often just stand and watch opponent drive to basket and score. I am not asking them to be the defensive player of the year, but at least put up a fight.

On the offensive end, for the love of god, if my teammate is a shooter and he's wide open, take the shot. I am tired of seeing my teammate asks for the ball, pass it to him, only have him 1) pass me back the ball; 2) pause and doesn't know what to do; 3) drives to the basket with 3 or more defenders waiting for him. It’s too often to see my teammates drive into the lane only have them got blocked or turn it over.

2. Substitution Logic – allow users to have a say when to be subbed in or out. I don’t want to stay in a blowout game, unless I’m close to breaking my personal/team/NBA records, when the rest of the starting 5 are chilling on the bench. Playing 41 MPG is a long time, and it’s especially frustrating to play the whole 2nd half without having a rest.

When my team has an 8 points lead and coach subs me out, fine, but bring me back as soon as the team is having difficulty maintaining the lead. It’s so stupid for my coach to sub me back in with a 20 points deficit. I know it makes a great comeback story but at least give the player an option to let the coach knows to be subbed back in.

If I have 2 fouls in the 1st quarter, or 3 fouls in the first half, please let the coach sub me out or give me the option to tell the coach to sub me out. 2K did it right a few years ago. I don’t know what happened and now it’s all messed up.

3. Take away using VC to increase ratings and overall rating. My player’s attributes should be based on game-to-game performance, training, or scrimmages. For example, my mid-range rating or ability will decrease if I have bad mid-range shootings for, let’s say, 3 games in a row. My rebound rating would increase if I constantly grab more rebounds than my rating suggests. VC should be only used to purchase signature skills or accessories. Also, increase my rookie salary or decrease the price on some of the accessories. I can’t even afford to buy an arm sleeve with my rookie contract.

4. Better rebounding logic.

5. Bring back play calling to all positions. Not all PG can call plays and know what they are doing.

6. Trade Proposal - allow my player to offer trade scenarios to the GM if my overall rating is 85 or above. Currently, we can only suggest to the GM whom to trade for but we can never suggest who on our teams should be traded.

7. Less bugs/glitches.

Sorry for the long post.
I agree with this, that I don't care about the storyline or accessories or sig skills I'd rather have a good basketball game.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #34
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Base the penalty for allowing someone to score, or anything else for that matter, on the situation.

Why on earth should I get penalized for allowing someone to score with 2 minutes left when their team is down 30 points? If I must be penalized it should be extremely minimal compared to allowing someone to score in a very close game.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #35
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Anyone in their 4th season like me and my contract isnt up yet and im getting paid zero VC so im basically playing for the magic for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #36
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Anyone in their 4th season like me and my contract isnt up yet and im getting paid zero VC so im basically playing for the magic for free.
Yeah, that's screwed up. Then when the contract expires there is no FA.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:35 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 1
Be able to choose a shorter schedule and if they keep cut scenes and press conferences make some kind of note about trades your team does, Rookie of the year honors, mvp...etc. Those just seem to fly under the radar from what I can tell.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #38
Just started!

Angry Re: NBA 2K: Fixing The Flaws With MyCareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Yes I'm in my 5th season still with the pistons not getting paid only one or the most important part of my career is free agency and I sent an email to 2k about 2 weeks ago no response and I see nothing that they are gonna fix it
Old 03-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #39
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Simulate games, manually get myself subbed out are HUGE.

Fundamentally though, I think we all have an idea of the type of player we want to be and lets be honest - most of us want to be a special player.

For example, if I want to be the beast that Charles Barkley was, I can do that, but why not let me at least skew it that way more freely at the beginning? I don't mind a grind, but the way it is makes you slow and a bad at 90% of things from the outset which is strange.

Also, maybe have currency for BS like clothes and separate currency for ability. Why not make my contract 2 year 300000 contract where that's for clothes and 5000 per year on skills? 2 year 1000 total VC is stupid and irrelevant. Who cares about that? I can use that app and make 150% of that EVERY day! Make it relevant. Like why waste 20,000k on shoes/shirts/shorts/suits when it's such a pain to earn those points that I can put towards skill? I'm not a 'light' player, I've put in over 60 hours, still haven't maxed myplayer and wouldn't dream of spending 2000 points on a silly suit.

Finally, add way more faces and allow a custom league. After all it's my game and I'd rather play with and against ewing, hakeem, wilkins, bird, magic etc... I may be in the minority, but I would love that.
i tried that in 2k11 but i chickened out lol that would have been brutal playing against them legends
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #40
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

The Draft in My Career needs to b added to My GM. For the fourteen top picks they need to have them kome on stage like that then go back to how it is now for the rest of the picks.

Sent from my HTC One SV BLK using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »