Home

NBA 2K14: Points of Emphasis Guide

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Points of Emphasis Guide within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks for the clarification, i do agree with the minority of people, POE has to go, or if it remains we need to have the individual assignments back
Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #34
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K14: Points of Emphasis Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Problem with limit perimeter shots is that there's a minimum three point rating that they'll close out on. Example Allen Crabbe has a 78 3pt shot on Portland, however I rarely miss with him because he gets such open shots because the game will never respect his shot. Thus he gets much better looks than say Wesley Matthews, and makes more shots despite being a 77 3pt shooter.

Problem with this is Crabbe cannot consistently win games for you over and again even if he does get hot at times his role player status will end up rearing it's head.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 04-11-2014, 03:04 AM   #35
Rookie

Serchenko9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Love POE adds a bit of strategy to the game in a different way. Hope devs don't listen to the whining on the forums. Most of the time things go like this.

Wow had the best game ever won.
Worst game ever lost.

Forum is full of these whining players that don't want to get better but blame the game for their ineptitude. Sad we get easy games because of these people. Newsflash POE has worked for me from day one. Had games where I have come back from 20 or more down on 12 min qtrs. Maybe get better instead of blaming game why your garbage.
I agree 100% with you, the POE works perfectly and add a strategic component to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #36
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

If you turn POE off .. is that necessarily a bad thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #37
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm don't even bother adjusting these anymore lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #38
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Love POE adds a bit of strategy to the game in a different way. Hope devs don't listen to the whining on the forums. Most of the time things go like this.

Wow had the best game ever won.
Worst game ever lost.

Forum is full of these whining players that don't want to get better but blame the game for their ineptitude. Sad we get easy games because of these people. Newsflash POE has worked for me from day one. Had games where I have come back from 20 or more down on 12 min qtrs. Maybe get better instead of blaming game why your garbage.
"Had games where I have come back from 20 or more down on 12 min qtrs. Maybe get better instead of blaming game why your garbage."

Yup, ME too.
I have come back from being down by 20 pts or more in 12 min qtrs.

But I hate to break it to you - it's not because of our skills, or the POE menu.

It is is because of NBA 2K's "Rubberband" AI that provides a "Miracle Rally", which is meant to keep the games close & entertaining.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #39
Rookie

I like that it takes away the guy who double-teams every ball handler and plays unrealistic defense. I think it does stink when you try to play tight on a Ray Allen and loose on a Rajon Rondo. There is less individual player scouting report impact, but team-wide defense is pretty realistic. Good on the sticks means good D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »