Home

Rebounding issues?

This is a discussion on Rebounding issues? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rebounding issues?

In my myGM mode with the T-wolves, Love and Pekovic aren't pulling down near as many boards as they should be with their rebounding abilities. In fact, Rubio tends to average more than either of them. This gets pretty annoying because I'm a nazi when it comes to realistic statistics. So, I tried turning my rebounding sliders up some, and the CPU's down... I'm out-rebounding the CPU but still just barely, even with both my sliders at 100 and the CPU's at 0. Is there something I'm missing, or do the sliders just have a much lesser effect than they used to? The fact that Rubio can average 6 or 7 a game yet Love and Pek are only getting around 5 is getting pretty frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Rebounding issues?

This is a common issue. Honestly a lot of the stats in GM can be weird to atrocious. I'm averaging more blocks with chris bosh than anyone else in the leauge at about 3, wade also has more blocks than dwight howard(1.7 i believe)

I've also noticed that the rebounding leaders always tend to be weird players that don't do that in real life. Emeka Okafor was leading the leage in rebounds i think. Yeah, it's bad.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #3
Banned

Default rosters are AWFUL
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

not so much about the simmed stats as it is the overall mechanics of rebounding are completely broken
Old 03-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Banned

Love never is a good rebounder in association/mygm. When I had him, he usually got around 8-9 a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
Love never is a good rebounder in association/mygm. When I had him, he usually got around 8-9 a game.
Yea i played with Love a whole season last year and i only averaged about 8.5
Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

AaeriosGames's Arena

I agree with the above posts about the stats in MyGM mode being a bit erratic, but I would not expect the CPU to do anything positive for you aside from screen setting. Since I began controlling Derrick Favors on the glass, I've been able to average 7-10 boards per game simply by switching to him every time there's a shot. Also, if it comes to this, you can always assign a Point of Emphasis to "Crash Defensive/Offensive Glass." I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but that may help.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Knickstape404's Arena

I rebound pretty well in MyPlayer and I'm only a 6'2" point guard but I have similar issues in GM mode as well although I will say while I played with the Kings Cousins was consistent in the paint averaging 12 or so boards. My best advice would be play on simulation or just manually play as the bigs on defense to boost their rebounding numbers yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »