Home

Lag-Stuttering Recently

This is a discussion on Lag-Stuttering Recently within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

BayBomber49's Arena

OVR: 3
Lag-Stuttering Recently

So I purchased a new television two weeks ago. Up until this past Friday, everything was great. Game played well, smooth, no lag whatsoever.

Starting Friday, however, I am experiencing notable input lag and/or framerate drop and/or stuttering through the game (offline). Man to Man Defense is impossible and isomotion is about a second delayed. It doesn't feel like I'm playing the same game. I'm already using the Game Mode on the TV.

My question: What could be causing this? Could it be a bad disc? PS4 issue? Broken controller?

Or am I going insane?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lag-Stuttering Recently

Mine too on MyTeam
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't know really. It's definetly not a bad disc since most of it is installed to your hard drive.

The controller would cause a framerate drop.

Does other games play fine? In that case you can definetly rule out PS4 or controller issues.

It might be something with 2K's always online bull****.
How long has this been going on form? Has it gotten better or worse?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 03-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

BayBomber49's Arena

Friday-Sunday was pretty miserable. Late Sunday afternoon I was able to play 1 quarter of a quick game, Knicks vs Kings that was great. I thought all my problems were solved. I exited the mode and entered my dynasty and the problem came back.

Since then, no matter what mode I'm in, the issue persists. I thought it was perhaps a delay caused by my surround receiver but I've removed the optical audio cord and went back to TV speakers/HDMI to no avail.

Part of me wanted to blame my TV, since it is new, but that wouldn't explain the full week of gaming without any issues.

I'm going to try a different controller when I get home from work. As far as other games, I don't think I'm really sensitive to input lag, generally, so it only seems to be affecting NBA 2k because of the need for fluid controls.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
Rookie

BayBomber49's Arena

Update-

I tried playing the game with a different controller and experienced similar issues but a slight improvement. The main issues I felt were that my controlled players were "heavy" and didn't respond on defense as I would like. Rebounding was an adventure. Whenever I would jump, the players would take exaggerated leaps and hang in mid-air, almost.

Obviously, it is early with the PS4 but has anyone experienced a similar issue? I just don't understand how I had 0 issues prior to last week and now am experiencing such crippling issues.

I will say that after made baskets, when in the automated replay/cut scenes, the game also isn't as smooth as it should be. Its as if it accelerates the last 1-2 seconds of the cutscene to catch up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »