Home

Buy or Wait?

This is a discussion on Buy or Wait? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Buy or Wait?

Gamefly. If you're into that.

I'm a diehard 2K fan. I wouldn't listen to everyone complaining about the connection etc...

Honestly I've only had a problem these couple past weekends...
I got the it in Jan and haven't had a problem...

Some dropped games online but I expect that from time to time...

Personally I'm only gonna buy it because I'm a collector...
Lebron James' 1st cover and it's the 1st NBA 2k on nextgen...

Despite it being a good game IMO...it's not worth $60...
Get it on sale, lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #26
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

I would definitely say get it, if you're a basketball fan and love video games you need to buy it.

I think it is worth $60 just based on the amount of hours you'll put into it. I have a PS4 and this is the only game I own and I'll probably only ever own basketball games for it. Hopefully next year live is better and so is 2k but that is beside the point...

In all honesty, $60 is not that much, you spent $400 on a system to play games...so I don't get why people are on here talking about how much money 60 bucks is.

It has its flaws but so do a lot of other games and it was a launch title what do you expect?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #27
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

So we have to make someone else's decisions for them now? In that case I say don't buy.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I passed on 2K this year even though I'd convinced myself previously that I wouldn't be able to make it through an entire year without a new basketball title. I'm content right now without a new 2K, using that free time to play other games, previous 2K's, or find something otherwise constructive.

From the sounds of it, 2K14 for next gen. plays a very nice game of basketball on-court. However, again only going off what I've read and heard since I do not own it, I did not believe I'd have had an entirely worthwhile and enjoyable experience due to the vast array of connection issues, DRM (always online), Virtual Currency overkill, a linear MyPlayer storyline about a character jumping from the playgrounds to the NBA, MyGM mode where only one team can be controlled in an 82 game season with many aspects of running a team requiring to be unlocked with gold coins (thus leveling up as if it were a fantasy RPG), the removal of create-a-player, create-a-team, local roster saves, manual saves (actually removed in 2K13), custom music, and an on-again, off-again version of 2KShare.

I'm certain there's joy to be had with the game but with my money at stake, I've chosen to hedge my bets and wait to see what 2K15 brings to the table. I feel as though many positive changes shall be forthcoming in the new iteration.

Last edited by VDusen04; 03-13-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13
Icon11 Re: Buy or Wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
What modes have been removed from 13-14??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »