Home

Game has just about lost me now..ARGHH!!!

This is a discussion on Game has just about lost me now..ARGHH!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #9
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Game has just about lost me now..ARGHH!!!

50 shots a game
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

60 something last game..lots of fun. That's what fantasy gaming is about for me. The on court coach sig skill is great. I pass a lot too but we score very quickly. Wish I could get the rest of the team to slow down when I want. They just keep shooting quickly and missing a lot...seen the Cavs roster...ouch! It would be a lot less if I got fouls called, but nothing is ever called. Hope they fix that although maybe in 2k15 they will....
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
Just started!

yes,There are problems in this game. But your writing is more confusing than the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Rookie

I thought the last 2 were better! I'm a Dentist not an English major
Old 03-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctahg
I thought the last 2 were better! I'm a Dentist not an English major
The last two were better.

However, your sentiments alone, regardless of grammar, have confused me a lot.

What is the issue? If you're having fun, why come on here and complain? It sounds to me like you either do not care, or do not know about sim basketball.

The fine members of the OS community love them some sim basketball. That's what we're all about here. I don't mind that you enjoy different things.

My confusion stems from you coming to the OS sanctuary known for being sim ballers, and voicing your anger about not making 100% 50/50 and 35 free throws. That ain't sim.

You play however you want doc, that's all good! But this is not the place to voice those kinds of matters. Simnation doesn't speak arcade.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #14
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

I've had a couple of games that started out where nothing would go in, doctha. However, I can see what your problem is now that you've spaced things a little to be easier understood.

You're taking too many shots a game. Your player goes cold and you keep shooting (it's the blue marker on your player). When you go cold, stop shooting unless you're absolutely open and even then it's a pretty much 50/50 even with a really high shot stat. When you keep shooting when cold, your player just gets worse and worse and you won't shoot your way out usually.

Learn to pass the ball and rely on your teammates. Set screens for your SG/PG instead of shooting when you go cold. As for shooting the ball at the mid-range/3pt, try to buy one of the elite shooter's form... James, Durant, Ray Allen... (I personally have fallen in love with Ray Allen's, it's extremely easy to time).

Hopefully this can give you some help. The biggest point is STOP SHOOTING when you're cold. And stop shooting 50 times a game, period. :P
Old 03-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
Rookie

What aggravated me in this particular game was that all of a sudden, in this one game, the easiest of shots would not drop. Passes were always way off...not just me the entire team. Even when I restarted the game 4 or 5 times it went the exact same way no matter how I played it. It was really like the game had determined that I was not going to win this game. That's why I asked if the game did is on occasion. I really haven't had any issues shooting at much. I understand the hot and cold thing, but this game was SO different that the other 75 this season that it seemed like something was wrong or was meant to be.
And I do know how to play REAL bball...
I haven't played sim-bball before and didn't know there as a CODE I was violating by asking my questions here...
I didn't know that nba2 k. Had to be played a certain way, and that I couldn't play it any way I wanted for my $60...
Thank you to the constructive comments, but I really thought this was a forum for NBA2K14 Nextgen, not one for elite bball simmers..
Lucky no one told Wilt Chamberlain he couldn't play in the NBA because he treated an REAL game like an arcade game.
When I played madden 25 against one of the good players in the above forum and scored 6 TD's I wasn't told I couldn't do that since very few real teams throw for 6 TDs in an NFL game...
I apologized for the rant..despite the many touches I thought I was learning the game and was very frustrated. Thought a few people here, many who post FRIENDLY and helpful posts that seem to lead people to enjoy a game much more could help me...
Why would I brag about playing on Allstar..then dropping to rookie ands still have trouble beating the CPU?
But again..thank you to the people that were helpful.
I was all good once I stopped taking this arcade game seriously and went back to winning or losing in it and having the fun I had had for a few weeks before this weekend...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

Eh, I'm not an elite sim player... I like the realistic stats, but won't go nuts if things aren't 'perfect'. And 6x7 = 42 points. Teams go up to that number multiple times a year when they have a high powered offense...

*shrugs* Just offered potential ways to fix things when you began talking about shooting in high volumes and missing a lot. Never did get (until that last post) it was just that one game. Others have said on here that some career mode games were impossible to win (or nearly impossible) for storyline purposes. It's basically a WWE storyline and an annoying one at that from time to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »