Home

Buy this or wait for 2K15?

This is a discussion on Buy this or wait for 2K15? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Buy this or wait for 2K15?

I just got a PS4 for The Show coming out in May, and obviously other games, but I wanted to get it by May at the latest so I could get The Show on release. Need something to play in the meantime. I'm wondering if I should pick up a used copy of 2K.

I have owned 2K11 through 2K14 on PS3/XBox 360, and am a big fan of the series. I have played 2K14 on next gen but very limited play time. I mainly play My Player, with some Association (or MyGM now?) mixed in. I enjoyed the next gen My Player for the few hours I got to play it, the story intrigued me. Hated the barebones player creator though.

The reason I'm not sure if I should buy it is because I've heard that the next gen version is buggy and has terrible online issues/save issues, no custom rosters for career modes, etc. and isn't getting any fixes.

TL;DR version: I'm a 2K vet from last gen, just upgraded to next gen, wondering if this game is as bad as I've heard it is with bugs and other issues, and if I should get it used or just wait until 2K15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 02:25 AM   #2
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Re: Buy this or wait for 2K15?

I was in a similar predicament but folded and bought it today for ps4. Not sure if I'll regret it or not as of yet, but I can tell you this: it's awesome.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
MVP

Since you're a 2k fan, I say buy it. There are some aspects about the gameplay which have gotten very frustrating over time, but if you're looking to hold you over for a couple months then go ahead. Also if you're a fan you should be used to some frustration.
The only real problem I have with my career is that you can't run plays if you're not a pg. So if you play any other position, there will be possessions where you're teammates will just stand there. Also you're teammates defense... is not very good. But overall I do think the game is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

No doubt about it, buy it. It has some fraustrating aspects, but overall pretty AWESOME game. No game on next gen hasn't come w/out any bugs or glitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »