Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Yeah, if you've been following MLB The Show, they've implemented microtransactions as well, but they specifically state they're not trying to get into your wallet, and you can have just as enjoyable experience as always without spending a single dime. This was direct from the devs.

Compare that attitude to the attitude of 2K, which is total radio silence on the subject of VC while slowly but steadily having it take over all modes of the game, to the detriment of the player. After a certain point you have to wonder if 2K's priorities still lie in making the best and most enjoyable basketball sim on the market, or have they shifted into maximizing profits as their number one priority. Changes such as this do not make me feel optimistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #42
Banned

tylerh's Arena

On May 6 you can bet that I'm trading in 2K14 to get The Show. I'm just so burned out of it all: horrible teammate AI, Ronnie2K, VC, online cheese. I'm just not sure how one company can be so blissfully unaware of the problems with their product and their brand name, yet continue to blatantly put earning money off of VC as their #1 priority. Unless something major happens I don't think I'm gonna be getting 2K15, which is a shame because the series got me into basketball. Maybe I'll give NHL or FIFA a shot.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #43
Rookie

So they took out the only decent way to farm to make this gm playable?

Sorry 2k im not getting another bball gm from you again at least in a nother couple of years until cg and ng 2k14 is absolutely unplayable
Old 03-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Pretty shady, 2k. Luckily, it doesn't effect me too much because I actually play a lot of my games. Also thanks to the My2k app I have plenty of VC at my disposal. Of course, it's ridiculous that I have to do that, but it's better than spending real money.
I also havent abused the farming too much

But its handy when u just want that quick 1000+ vc once in a while
Old 03-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #45
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

If this game didn't have the best gameplay I've ever played in a basketball game, I'd be trading it in and getting current-gen 2k14.

So many restrictions in the game and downright greedy moves that they're making.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #46
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
Trading 2K in after school. I've had it with VC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
UPDATE: I have traded 2K in and used the money towards Live.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 03-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #47
Rookie

It's a perfect time for live to get their act together.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #48
Rookie

I dont really have a problem with this. It's business. Shady business, but good business for them because they are boxing you into buying VC. I dont play MyTeam, I dont have time to play the game relentlessly to earn massive amounts of VC all to be lost increasing my MyPlayer speed from 82 to 85 lol. But, if you bought next-gen 2K14, you bought a next-gen system -- meaning you're not broke. So you'll throw 10 bucks, 15 bucks here or there for VC. You'll threaten to not buy the game.. HA! especially with NBA Live 14 as bad as it is, and as mediocre as Live 15 will probably be, you'll buy. ONLY thing I have an issue with is the ignoring of ALL those issues that 2K seems dead-set on not even addressing via twitter. It seems they'll plug this MyTeam BS till the Finals which then will be the time to introduce 2K15.

I think the thought process is; "If we dont answer anything, they'll stop asking" which generally speaking is probably right, but nonetheless annoying. Bottomline is; they're forcing you to buy VC or play the game for hours everyday. Sour, but... oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »