Home

Everybody plays the same now?

This is a discussion on Everybody plays the same now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #9
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Everybody plays the same now?

Until they put back the zone killer plays and practice modes they took away we're going to see a lot of zone and there's nothing most players can do about it.

There's no way around it, in this game 'high level' play means abusing the hell out of the abundant cheese. There would be no need for sim leagues if high level play would look similar to actual pro basketball. And the trend in this game seems to be towards more cheese every year.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Not every year. 2k13 was cheese heaven lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
Double-teaming constantly.. is cheese.
Playing 2/3 (or 1/3/1) zone the whole game... is cheese.
Attempting to draw charges in the backcourt... is cheese.
I wouldn't call any of these examples cheese, just for the simple fact you can get around them. And it's not something that takes control out of your hand that it completely give you no chance of winning.

But what they are, is ridiculously freaking annoying, and unbelievably cheap. Most times I pay it no mind, because I try to remind myself this could be a 10 year old kid just wanting to have fun. So I shrug it off.

But be careful how you spread the cheese around here. Because everything is cheese these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
The 2K Developers spend ZERO hours playing 'cheesers' online.
In fact, I believe some of the 2K Devs themselves are 'cheesers'.
That's because they are! Have you seen any of Ronnie's live streams?? His games look no different then a rank match. Doesn't even come close to resembling a real game.
Me having expectations of someone who actually has something to do with creating the game, and thinking they too, play real as possible were a little to high for me to start with. After all I think Ronnie is the media/public relations guy at the company.

Another thing I never understand, is why have him broadcast a game, knowing he plays casually, and more then likely never played serious ball a day in his life. Let alone follow the NBA. Then they have these Youtube stars (Your Chris Smooves, IpodCarter etc.) come out and test the game, like their opinions should matter. Especially when they play almost identical as the rank match players, and have a very young teenage fan base following.

I'm just saying, some things need to change around here. In how they market the game, WHO they have come out and test it. All the way down to how it's played.

Last edited by smuhead; 04-02-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #12
Rookie

Only time I switch to 2-3 is when the other player decides to paint smash to get easy buckets/fouls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #13
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I do admit I play a lot of zone for next gen, but it mainly is due to the input lag. I really don't play NG online at all anyways.

MyTeam was fun until people started exploited the timer glitch and there is nothing to do once you get to the 1st seed.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1
Everybody plays the same now?

It's the little kids that play the game do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

You know what i hate most about this game? When you try to reach in and steal...when you reach...it takes forever to recover the animation...it's stupid....leaving someone wide open for 3. That's not real life. Nobody takes forever to recover from stupid steal. I think they did it on purpose so people don't try to steal and cheat....but c'mon man...it's not realistic.

IT's not fun. Stop making game and try to take away from the fun. The game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable but NBA2k14 has soo much irritated animations...it hinder the entertainment value. Put more time for the online mode...its' pretty buggy. Give the users the ability to get rid of those dumb statistics that randomly pop up on the screen while you have to wait for it to go away just so you can access your sub screen...pretty annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
You know what i hate most about this game? When you try to reach in and steal...when you reach...it takes forever to recover the animation...it's stupid....leaving someone wide open for 3. That's not real life. Nobody takes forever to recover from stupid steal. I think they did it on purpose so people don't try to steal and cheat....but c'mon man...it's not realistic.

IT's not fun. Stop making game and try to take away from the fun. The game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable but NBA2k14 has soo much irritated animations...it hinder the entertainment value. Put more time for the online mode...its' pretty buggy. Give the users the ability to get rid of those dumb statistics that randomly pop up on the screen while you have to wait for it to go away just so you can access your sub screen...pretty annoying.
The problem is, if you don't put a fairly severe penalty on it, people will just spam the steal button (well, spam it more I guess). I wouldn't mind if they did something like tapping the steal button just quickly poked at the ball and just mildly hurt the defender's agility but had a low percentage of knocking the ball loose. Smashing the steal button (or holding it down maybe) would make the defender make that big lunge at the ball. It would give you a better chance of knocking it free, but would also make you more likely to foul and get your defender out of position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »