Home

Everybody plays the same now?

This is a discussion on Everybody plays the same now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #33
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Everybody plays the same now?

man my cousin plays this same way when we played. eventually they stopped calling charges. he ran the 1-3-1 zone all game and i still ended up beating him twice once with the magic and again with the raptors.

stuff like this is what makes me not want to play online i can be very competitive at least play me straight up
Old 04-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #34
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Man yall got to stop with this stuff LOL. Ronnie and LD2K are not dev's they promote the game man I assure you they are not the best vg ballers in their building.

Just because the game is not progressing as quickly as you would like doesn't mean the dev's are trying to sabotage the effort by implanting cheese so that THEY can remain competitive online. HAHAHA.

Some of them do play online as well. When stuff like this get's posted and unchallenged then people start to repeat it and it becomes understood as true.

In all games there are always unintended consequences of design decisions. That is why iteration is the key for sports games getting better over time.
um i don't believe he called out ronnie or ld2k. you know 2k knows some of these problems yet they don't acknowledge them, at least tell us they are trying to fix it.

my whole thing with online is if you are playing for ranks it has to be at the highest level.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Not every year. 2k13 was cheese heaven lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We couldn't even block dunks in that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
um i don't believe he called out ronnie or ld2k. you know 2k knows some of these problems yet they don't acknowledge them, at least tell us they are trying to fix it.

my whole thing with online is if you are playing for ranks it has to be at the highest level.

They definitely do try to fix problems though. Self oops and euro step threes are much less effective this game, they also fixed the blocking problem.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #37
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I seriously doubt the developers build in this stuff into the game on purpose so they can have a better online record. There's nothing cheesy about including a charge button, it's cheesy the way some people choose to utilize it to try to gain an advantage. They simply need to rework the logic for what's a charge and what's not. If you barely walk into a defender, it should not be a charge. You should at least have to be in the air or holding the sprint button for a charge call to occur. That would solve a lot.
You are correct. You nailed it.
They way basic features are exploited is what makes it 'cheesy' gameplay.

But you know how other Game Developers fix these issues?
They play the game 'first-hand'. For hours.

Ask yourself.... "How many Online Games does it take for you to get matched up against a 'cheeser' who abuses the charge button?"

Answer = Not many.

If anyone played online matches in NBA 2k14, for say 1 full day (i.e. 8 hours in a row)... they would encounter LOTS of 'cheesers' and recognize LOTS of patterns / exploits.

It does not take very long.

Which I why I said....
The 2K Developers spend ZERO hours playing 'cheesers' online.

If a developer who actually 'writes code' (hands-on) or a 2K Product Manager who is hired to invent new features spends ANY significant amount of time ONLINE playing 'cheesers', they would see for themselves and realize if you barely walk into a defender, it should not be a charge. (You are absolutely 100% correct)

BUT THEY HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME ONLINE (AGAINST CHEESERS) FOR IT TO 'SINK IN'.

All it takes is a few hours on single Saturday evening, on their day-off.
During the 'primetime' hours.

If the annual E3 Convention is the ONLY time these 2K Developers ever pick up a controller to play the game against random humans.. or if they rely purely on 'game testers' to bring bugs to their attention...

They will miss a lot of OBVIOUS 'exploits' that can be easily fixed.
That's my point.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #38
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Man yall got to stop with this stuff LOL. Ronnie and LD2K are not dev's they promote the game man I assure you they are not the best vg ballers in their building.

Just because the game is not progressing as quickly as you would like doesn't mean the dev's are trying to sabotage the effort by implanting cheese so that THEY can remain competitive online. HAHAHA.

Some of them do play online as well. When stuff like this get's posted and unchallenged then people start to repeat it and it becomes understood as true.

In all games there are always unintended consequences of design decisions. That is why iteration is the key for sports games getting better over time.
Czar, I wasn't talking about Ronnie or LD2K specifically.
They may spend time playing the game 'in public' for PR purposes... but they do not write any code.
They are on the Marketing team.

I was referring to the guys who actually write code (hands-on) or create new features (like Eco-Motion).
These are the guys who I feel need to spend ALOT more time playing (anonymously) against 'cheesers' online.

If they did, they could catch ALOT of stuff 'first-hand' and fix it.
Once and forever.

On a sidenote:
BTW, I been a fan of your vids since 2k11.
They are great. Nicely done.

But I have a question for you. I'm curious....

After all these years... Have you ever created a WHOLE VIDEO to pinpoint specific exploits, or 'cheese' in this NBA 2K series, or for 2K14 next gen version? (I did not find any on your channel. But maybe I missed it.)

Personally, I think you are the perfect person to create a solid 10 minute videos to address ongoing issues/cheese within the game.

Like a video about The Czar's Top 10 'Cheesiest tactics' in the game, done once a year.
(with suggestions on how the Devs can fix them in the next year.)

With a new generation of consoles on the market, it would be good to get your perspective on what issues the fans would not like to see carried over to the new platforms. (i.e. kinda like a 'leave this old cheese in the old house' sorta thing. lol)

With any luck, the Devs could add your ideas into a 2k15 version.

If so, if you have already done something like that in the past...can you direct me to any YouTube links?

'Preciate it. Thx.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 04-15-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #39
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm

I didn't take the time to multi qoute but I was also responding the smuheads quote

"That's because they are! Have you seen any of Ronnie's live streams?? His games look no different then a rank match. Doesn't even come close to resembling a real game. "

Which was piggybacked on top of the person I quoted. LOL.

Some people might see Ronnie Play and extrapolate that to be no one at 2k must be good at VG hoops. That was what I meant to address.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 04-15-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #40
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
Czar, I wasn't talking about Ronnie or LD2K specifically.
They may spend time playing the game 'in public' for PR purposes... but they do not write any code.
They are on the Marketing team.

I was referring to the guys who actually write code (hands-on) or create new features (like Eco-Motion).
These are the guys who I feel need to spend ALOT more time playing (anonymously) against 'cheesers' online.

If they did, they could catch ALOT of stuff 'first-hand' and fix it.
Once and forever.

On a sidenote:
BTW, I been a fan of your vids since 2k11.
They are great. Nicely done.

But I have a question for you. I'm curious....

After all these years... Have you ever created a WHOLE VIDEO to pinpoint specific exploits, or 'cheese' in this NBA 2K? (I did not find any on your channel. But maybe I missed it.)

Personally, I think you are the perfect person to create a solid 10 minute videos to address ongoing issues/cheese within the game.

Like a video about The Czar's Top 10 'Cheesiest tactics' in the game.
(with suggestions on how the Devs can fix them)

If so, if you have already done that in the past...can you direct me to any YouTube links? Thx.
Man I HATE Cheese with a passion. I simply can't stand it. So I certainly wouldn't spend all that time working on a video just to highlight it. ROTFLOL.

Plus there are a MILLION cheese and exploit vids all over youtube. Some in the form of tips or money plays or whatever you call it.

My motivation for making vids is to teach or share or talk about what I think is cool or needs to be improved.

But if your point is that me doing a video will make 2k aware of it. If there is a nasty cheddar exploit that I am aware of I just send them an email about it.

I have actually been there when one of the dev's get's an exploit used on him at home that evening and comes in and tries to find a way to squash it. So that does happen maybe not as much as we as gamers would hope for but I have seen it myself.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »