Home

Need MyCareer help from you pros

This is a discussion on Need MyCareer help from you pros within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need MyCareer help from you pros

Guys, I'm in desperate need of help. I've played a full season on MyCareer, and individually, I play just fine. I can put up 40 or 50 points if I want (I don't want to). I hit about 55% from the floor. My teammate score is usually around a B+.

But I lose...Every. Single. Game. Usually by 15-20 points.

I play on pro - simulation w/Atlanta Hawks. (Rookie is worthless, I never lost). My team shoots about 50-55% from the floor on pro. But the computer shoots around 60% every game.

I've turned help defense down. My player's defensive awareness is high and I usually don't give up more than 4-5 "allow man to score" per game.

But the computer will hit 7,8,9 shots in a row against my team. I had one 4th quarter where they hit 10 straight - all dunks and layups.

My teammates (especially the bigs) are absolutely worthless. On the off chance the computer misses a shot - a SG will get a rebound over two of my bigs.

I'm assuming my team plays defense in relation to my defense (i.e. I still somehow feel like it's my fault)

I notice a lot of you guys are having a lot of success with your MyCareer seasons and I just need help so I can enjoy the game. I'm willing to admit it's me and not my crappy team. How can I help my team defense and get some wins?

Is it really just setup for my team to have to shoot 60% to win the game? i.e. do I need to accept the fact that my team defense sucks and just have to outscore? If so, that's a LOT of pressure. Because my guys can't hit a layup.

Last edited by bamagrad03; 03-24-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Need MyCareer help from you pros

Have you tried switching up to zone defense? Press the left direction pad button and switch to a 2-3 zone or 3-2 zone if you are giving up a lot of 3's. I'm a scoring point guard on the Utah Jazz and when we are down by 15-20 I'll switch up the D and have more success. Once the score is more manageable, I go back to man D.

Also, L1 on PS3/4 is to call a double team on your player, that also helps on a Russell Westbrook, DRose type player.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acles003
Have you tried switching up to zone defense? Press the left direction pad button and switch to a 2-3 zone or 3-2 zone if you are giving up a lot of 3's. I'm a scoring point guard on the Utah Jazz and when we are down by 15-20 I'll switch up the D and have more success. Once the score is more manageable, I go back to man D.

Also, L1 on PS3/4 is to call a double team on your player, that also helps on a Russell Westbrook, DRose type player.

Thanks! I'm gonna give this a shot. I didn't even know you could switch out of man in MyCareer.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
MVP

That actually sounds like how some of my games go. But I play on superstar so I kind of expect it every now and then. I'm really not sure why this is happening to you. Try messing with the difficulty for a couple games and then go back to your regular settings. There really is no reason you should have to score 40 just to win on pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
That actually sounds like how some of my games go. But I play on superstar so I kind of expect it every now and then. I'm really not sure why this is happening to you. Try messing with the difficulty for a couple games and then go back to your regular settings. There really is no reason you should have to score 40 just to win on pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking. It really feels like a harder level than just pro - but I swear, every team shoots a ridiculous percentage. I played a game yesterday where my team shot 54% and lost by 16...That's crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Superstar level has a lot better ai both teammates and opponent.
Also a 1.5X difficulty bonus
Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acles003

How do you get any success out of the 2-3 zone? I switch to it sometimes, but the center never stays on the inside. The 2-3 zone is supposed to force outside shots because the interior is packed, but we give up layups/dunks/alley-oops left and right when I switch us to anything except man-to-man. It's almost game-breaking it's so bad.

I'm playing right now and their last 4 possessions were: driving layup from the top of the key, layup by Blake Griffin, layup by Harrison Barnes and a lob to DeAndre Jordan. I'm the PG, so I can't exactly go down and guard the basket without leaving my zone open. It's horrible.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #8
Rookie

In Pro Basketball, the center can't stay in the paint in a 2-3 zone. He has to stay outside the lane to avoid the 3 sec call defensively, so he'll be on the strong side (where the ball is, that's the side he'll be on.

So normally, the computer will score from the weakside (where the ball isn't) because that's the hole in the defense.

I don't like the way the 2-3 plays in 2k14. If I go zone, it's either the 1-3-1 or maybe even the 3-2, but I only do it in spurts

Can't stay in a zone for long. At least from my experience, you've got to switch i up and work it in in periodically

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »