Home

Big guys and stamina?

This is a discussion on Big guys and stamina? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Big guys and stamina?

I tried to raise the players Stamina last week but I couldn't find the option to so on Next Gen 2k. I remember on PS3 you had to change attributes via Edit Player in the Roster Menu but on Next Gen there is no such option there. Is there another way I don't know of to change players attributes?
Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

While I fell like players get tried to fast but it is even worse with big guys. I think it is worse with big guys because they tend to use trubo when you are not controlling them. I noticed if you put stamina down guys get tired faster and if you put fatigue rate up guys get tried faster so I am not sure what the differences are between stamina and fatigue rate has they semed to do the same thing make guys get tired faster but I have heard people say that fatigue rate affects how quike guys get there stamina back when on the bench or something not sure. I have heard people say that if you change stamina that it affects progressive fatigue so I am think I will keep that at 50 and put fatigue down to 25-30 and see what happends.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBobOmb
I tried to raise the players Stamina last week but I couldn't find the option to so on Next Gen 2k.
Select "NBA Today" from the main menu, then go to "Roster Creator."

Choose your base roster, then you can edit all the player ratings that you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 20

No if anything those sliders need to be turnt up.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:11 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
It has nothing to do with not using time outs or your rotation it is a big problem in this game! 3 main problems I find with this game are 1. guys get tired to fast. 2. CPU scores to much in paint. 3. To often when there is a lose ball the cpu gets it. Guys get tired tried to fast and big guys get tired even faster. I just had a game where at the 5 minute mark of the first quarter gasol was already down to 63 on stamina and that was with my using a full time out and the computer using 2 full time outs. I shouldn't have to sub guys out after ever like 3 minutes. Even kobe by the 5 minute mark of the first quarter this game was down to 77. Its really annoying when I have to go to the bench earler then I should. Gasol by the end of the game was down to 49 on his stamina and that was with only playing 34 minutes and with using time outs no more then like 7 minutes apart.
What's the quarter length you play on, and difficulty?

Last edited by smuhead; 03-31-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:40 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

I play on 12 minute quarters alrease have and I play on pro. I know more about basketball then most people but I guse my stick skills are not that good has I find on default pro the CPU scores way way to easy but I can score to easy. So I play on pro with sliders to make it easyer to stop the CPU form scoring and with sliders to make it harder for me to score. I don't know how any body can play above pro has anything above pro the CPU makes ever shoot no matter how good or bad the D is.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 AM   #15
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Select "NBA Today" from the main menu, then go to "Roster Creator."

Choose your base roster, then you can edit all the player ratings that you want.
Thank you. I will try that when I get home. The Menu in this game is just terrible..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #16
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Fatigue for big men has been an issue ever since they increased how fast players lose stamina (2k12 or 2k13). The problem is that big men sprint up and down the court even when it's not needed after made baskets.

Smaller players not only don't use sprint in these situations but when they do use it they use less of it to travel the same distance which means they use less of their stamina. If you've ever played big man in teamup or career you know how much of an issue stamina is. Even if you never use sprint as a big man and the smaller player uses it every possession you're going to be tired quicker which doesn't really reflect the minutes big men play in real life where many of them do sprint around a lot.

Last edited by jaateloauto; 03-31-2014 at 02:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »