Home

what happened to being punished for bad shot selection ?

This is a discussion on what happened to being punished for bad shot selection ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry what happened to being punished for bad shot selection ?

ever since 2k11 this game has punished players that play realistic instead of those that take horrible shots. In 2k14 you can run into the defense and hit continuous pull up jumpers with even with low rated shooters like Lamar Odom. Because the CPU controlled defenders have been handicapped its way too easy to score in the paint on big man and take repeated jumpers in the face off cpu controlled defenders.

Really 2k what the heck happened to this series!!!!!!!!! Why do pull up jumpers make players like tony Allen good shooters

Why do layup animations start above the ft line causing unrealistic uncontrollable animations ? Why is the HANDS UP defensive animation useless and doesn't affect shot %? And why do contact layups go in at a very high rate regardless of slider changes????

The dog and pony show is over 2k your graphics are good but your gameplay has been average ever since 2k12.ENOUGH get back to the basics.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I agree with the mantra "2K11 IS STILL THE BEST ALL AROUND BASKETBALL GAME IN THE SERIES"

Prove us wrong not by your over hype advertising but by the action on the court.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

okc350's Arena

Re: what happened to being punished for bad shot selection ?

The fact that a guy like Tony Parker can pull up from behind the 3pt line on the fast break is a testament to what's wrong with this game.

There's maybe 5 players in the entire league who can do that, but somehow TP(who doesn't happen to be a great 3pt shooter) can do it.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #3
MVP

I can't stand the hands up in this game. You're right, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. You always have to try to block it which will get you out of position for the rebound. This is one of my biggest problems with the gameplay IMO. Also agree about the contact layups going in too much. You'll see some crazy finishes from players who struggle in traffic.
As for 2k getting back to basics, I'm sorry but I don't think it's happening. So far, all I've seen Ronnie talk about 2k15 on twitter is stupid little things that no one cares for. I saw him post some lame dunk animations for the slam dunk contest which no one likes. And just the other day he was asking which celebrities they should add to the game. It seems like their focus has shifted from improving game play to adding in stupid bull**** that no one cares about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
MVP

what happened to being punished for bad shot selection ?

Accidentally posted twice
Old 03-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

i swear i'm almost to the point where i hate this game. 2k has a lot of **** to work on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I've played the game very sparingly over the last month or two because i can't stand all the BS the game allows players to get away with.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

MyTeam is just awful because every team is full of stars and stars can't be stopped in this game. Many times I've had four guys get run over like bowling pins by the opponent on his way to the basket.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
ever since 2k11 this game has punished players that play realistic instead of those that take horrible shots. In 2k14 you can run into the defense and hit continuous pull up jumpers with even with low rated shooters like Lamar Odom. Because the CPU controlled defenders have been handicapped its way too easy to score in the paint on big man and take repeated jumpers in the face off cpu controlled defenders.

Really 2k what the heck happened to this series!!!!!!!!! Why do pull up jumpers make players like tony Allen good shooters

Why do layup animations start above the ft line causing unrealistic uncontrollable animations ? Why is the HANDS UP defensive animation useless and doesn't affect shot %? And why do contact layups go in at a very high rate regardless of slider changes????

The dog and pony show is over 2k your graphics are good but your gameplay has been average ever since 2k12.ENOUGH get back to the basics.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I agree with the mantra "2K11 IS STILL THE BEST ALL AROUND BASKETBALL GAME IN THE SERIES"

Prove us wrong not by your over hype advertising but by the action on the court.
this is my single biggest problem with the game and it's the reason i traded the game back to gamestop. i couldn't stomach the random shot success. especially online when scrubs could keep the game close with nothing but contact layups and contested jumpers. if 2k doesn't offer an alternative online mode where defense matters, i'm not buying this game again. it's unfortunate, because i love a lot of things about this game, but when success becomes random, i have to walk away. in 2k11 this game was about rewarding good shot selection, but that is no longer the case. superstars with sig skills have made it so that getting open shots is no longer important.

the only thing that will get me to buy this game next year is if 2k makes a conscious effort to promote a new online quick match mode where shot success is more based on openness and proximity of the defender. i won't buy this game until 2k makes an effort in this area and makes it known in their promotions that it's being addressed. otherwise i'll just assume it's the same old random garbage where contact layups and contested jumpers go in almost as often as open shots. i'm a long-time supporter of this series, so it says a lot that i'm willing to give it up, but when shot success is so random, it's not a rewarding experience and i'd rather do something else with my time.

Last edited by blues rocker; 03-31-2014 at 07:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »