Home

Tips for defending alley oops?

This is a discussion on Tips for defending alley oops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2014, 02:24 AM   #17
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tips for defending alley oops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
You're better off standing in front of the cutter as close as you can instead of jumping.

Any tips for picking up lose balls? My team acts brain dead

I don't have the NG version, but I am pretty sure the success rate is just the same as it is on Xbox 360 and it irks me how successful and hard to contain the alley is.

It's a lot of things 2K could go back to 2K11 for and the success rate and defending the alley is one. You could easily get in the person way and they'll stop. On 2K14, I could get in their way, but they'll just make it seem like you're not even there way too often. Needs to be fixed asap.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 04-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hug the alley ooper or harass the ball handler..
Old 04-26-2014, 04:53 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

i dont know why you guys even make threads like this, there's no stopping the alley oop. Just give up. If someone who knows what they are doing wanted to get an alley oop off, theres nothing you can do. Just deal with it. Its not so much that theres no stopping it, its just a matter of angles, timing, and the defensive rating of the interior players. My whole offense is predicated on alley oops and dunking on you as much as possible. I make you submit to the oop. Its pretty much no stopping this. all i can suggest is to use teams like OKC, Indiana, chicago,Houston and detroit that have good shot blockers that automatically swat away alley oop attempts. Im the best person on Ps4 ranked games....im telling you those are the only teams that seem to do anything against the alley oop attempts because of guys like

D.Howard/Omer Asik
Perkins/Steven Adams/Serge Ibaka
Roy Hibbert/Ian Mahinmi
Andre Drummond
Joakim Noah

Take it from a pro...2k isnt going to "fix this in an update" the alley oop has been pretty much unstoppable for a few years now. Even in games as far back as 2k11 where defense was pretty good, there was always a high percentage rate of alley oops working in the users favor.

WHat we SHOULD be more concerned about is how to get rid of this "STUCK IN THE MUD" feeling that 2k has placed on the user. It's this slipping and sliding and not being able to recover on defense penalty that 2k makes us users suffer through tha makes no sense. I know were going for realism, but this momentum stuff has got to go. Do you know how many games i've witnessed a noob or bum player just pick a wing player or their star point guard and go

LEFT.....Right....LEFT...RIGHT, just so they can get an open 3 point shot?
Try playing man to man an entire game on a user who uses this technique with GSW or OKC or INDIANA and let me know how you fare.....when 2k comes with a strategy or penalty for bums who play like this, THen and only then should we address minor issues like alley oops.
~End Rant~
Old 04-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #20
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Try 1-3-1 zone
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »