Home

You guys remember the low scoring games?

This is a discussion on You guys remember the low scoring games? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

OVR: 2
You guys remember the low scoring games?

You guys remember last gen 2k, where your highest scoring game was around 50 with any team. i feel like in next gen i can score around 85-100 points in a game just because of the fact that 2K's next gen animations allow anyone and everybody to score, there is no bench mob because you can easily insert them into the starting lineup and drop 70 with them because of the cheesy dunk animation the stupid bank shots that drop no matter what, the ******** scoop layup animation that always goes in. When will 2k go back to 2K11,2K10 when driving to the basket was an actual "Battle" and if you felt any type of contact you would have to change your shot, or your shot was actually contested. when that happened in 2K11 and i made an impossible circus shot I WENT WILD because i knew that it didnt happen in the game so often, now in 2K next gen i fly over people with Howard, i jump from the 3pt line with Gerald green and run 3 people over, then make an And-1 and have a straight face. 2K's next gen animations have made this game dull and just a bad experience. now in 2K15 already we see animations that just suck the player into a dunk and he has nothing to do but to take the dunk and flop on the ground. OH YEA, I NEED MY DEFENSIVE SETTINGS BACK, NOT THIS POINT OF EMPHASIS BS.

Its starting to look like a cheese dunk infested year for 2K15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You guys remember the low scoring games?

Meh 2k11 ?

The game with the overpowered / UNSTOPPABLE

Euro Step, Hop Step layup/dunk, and Spin Dunk

You would score almost everything with theses moves. 2k11 still my favorite 2k though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Nah I disagree with the dunk fest . But the game does take less skill than any 2k I've ever played. And Yeah I don't even bother with POE anymore it's almost no point .

I think the game lacks control, realistic movement, tougher defense, and did I say control ? CPU decides a lot for you even in online quick matches.

P.S. Yes that freaking scoop layup is cheese man. It never misses.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
Meh 2k11 ?

The game with the overpowered / UNSTOPPABLE

Euro Step, Hop Step layup/dunk, and Spin Dunk

You would score almost everything with theses moves. 2k11 still my favorite 2k though.

Yea i remember all of it, but what was the highest scoring game you played in 2K11? mine was 61-62 and that was because we had a consesus that we were going to cheese all game
Old 04-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oMarcus2Ko
Yea i remember all of it, but what was the highest scoring game you played in 2K11? mine was 61-62d that was because we had a consesus that we were going to cheese all game
Lol 2k11. I remember every player with the "textbook" jumper were the best players on the game. I think my kowesy scoring game was like 73 on 6 minute quarters with the wizards. I routinely scored 90-100 on that game...the mid range jumper was so op in 2k11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
MVP

I was actually thinking about this while playing yesterday. Why does every game have to be so high scoring? The success rate for shots in the paint is ridiculous. Even players with low traffic ratings can finish through contact. And all these weird scooping animations just punish you for playing good defense.
I guess it's still better than 2k13 though.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I was actually thinking about this while playing yesterday. Why does every game have to be so high scoring? The success rate for shots in the paint is ridiculous. Even players with low traffic ratings can finish through contact. And all these weird scooping animations just punish you for playing good defense.
I guess it's still better than 2k13 though.

Oh hell no, 2k13 was a fantastic basketball game, its just the rushed product of next gen. everyone wanted those "OOOHHH look at his beard, its like seperate little hairs and pores on his face OOOHHH" instead of looking for the gameplay and right now everyone is getting sick of this game
Old 04-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oMarcus2Ko
Oh hell no, 2k13 was a fantastic basketball game, its just the rushed product of next gen. everyone wanted those "OOOHHH look at his beard, its like seperate little hairs and pores on his face OOOHHH" instead of looking for the gameplay and right now everyone is getting sick of this game

You and I must be playing different games here. 2k13 is the only 2k I've seen where shooting fadeaway threes is a successful game plan. If you like low scoring games how could you possibly like 2k13? That makes no sense to me. In 13 you could also just charge the paint and dunk over everyone, even more than now.
Now that I really think about it, 2k13 was just a huge cheese fest. Way too many exploits in that game. I really don't see how that is a fantastic basketball game. Basically played like an NBA street game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »