Home

MyPlayer Caps for Skill and Height

This is a discussion on MyPlayer Caps for Skill and Height within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyPlayer Caps for Skill and Height

I understand KD is 6'10," but these MyPlayers in the Parks now are like giant LeBron's.. They're all 6'11"-7' and like 250+ with handles like CP3, Ray Allen's Jumper, Gerald Green hops, and it's just not realistic.

Main idea I would like to propose is to cap MyPlayers a little heavier, if the number wasn't stopped at 99, I think most MyPlayers would be in the 130-140 ranges with how high the stat caps are.

MyPlayers should not be crazily far ahead of the LeBrons, Birds, Jordans, but they are.

I understand this is a game, but can we have just a little more realisim?

Example:
#1: If you're 7', your handles in traffic should be capped heavier than someone who's 6'5".

#2: Your weight should determine how well you can guard the post, but should also have some negative effects to balance it out (Like stamina).

Just do something.

And for all my KD fans that want to hate because they want to make their 7' SFs with 90+ everything:

KD is 6'9", everyone thinks he's taller because most players who are listed at 6'10" are actually 6'7-8."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...liars-in-shoes

Last edited by EASTS2k; 04-29-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: MyPlayer Caps for Skill and Height

I agree.

I wanted to make a young Michael Jordan as my My Player and made him 6'6 and had all his shots and dunks the same and he was like a 75 overall. Finally went on the Park with him and realized 80% of people are taller than me. Every SG's 6'9, every SF's 6'11...PG's are 6'7.

To make a realistic guy on 2K is actually handicapping yourself lol.

And I agree some caps should be harsher but honestly it all boils down to VC and how easy it is to get. Most people Online that play like a**holes just bought their guy, and it gives them easy access to have a guy with level 3 sig skills and better athleticism.
Honestly back in 2K11 it took me a full season of My Career just to get my guy in the 80's. See if we went back to Skill Points and they only applied in My Player modes AND you couldn't buy em? We'd have a much more balanced game where the better-rated players just played longer (which is how it should be imo).
Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I agree.

I wanted to make a young Michael Jordan as my My Player and made him 6'6 and had all his shots and dunks the same and he was like a 75 overall. Finally went on the Park with him and realized 80% of people are taller than me. Every SG's 6'9, every SF's 6'11...PG's are 6'7.

To make a realistic guy on 2K is actually handicapping yourself lol.

And I agree some caps should be harsher but honestly it all boils down to VC and how easy it is to get. Most people Online that play like a**holes just bought their guy, and it gives them easy access to have a guy with level 3 sig skills and better athleticism.
Honestly back in 2K11 it took me a full season of My Career just to get my guy in the 80's. See if we went back to Skill Points and they only applied in My Player modes AND you couldn't buy em? We'd have a much more balanced game where the better-rated players just played longer (which is how it should be imo).
that kind of alienates those players (like myself) that dont have a lot of time to play video games. granted i dont really play online because people dont play realistically at all and i would never buy myself a 99. but im lucky if i get in five hours a week to play video games anymore. when i first got the game i farmed the crap out of vc just so i could have a decent starting my career without having to pay for it.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

FIFA and NHL do a better job balancing height and weight. Solution in NBA2K would be to make online and offline characters separate, cap online characters skill points like in NHL so you can't make a character without any weaknesses and make height either use up those skill points or severely change your character's quickness, speed, strength and so on.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
that kind of alienates those players (like myself) that dont have a lot of time to play video games. granted i dont really play online because people dont play realistically at all and i would never buy myself a 99. but im lucky if i get in five hours a week to play video games anymore. when i first got the game i farmed the crap out of vc just so i could have a decent starting my career without having to pay for it.
There's no way to say this without sounding like an a$$ but in my eyes all I can say is oh well.

I understand why you wanna come on and be just as competitive, and from that standpoint it makes sense. But from my eyes, as a competitive player, it's just not fair to us that have the time and have put the work in to have someone pay just to be as good.

It's different if you don't play online, but I feel like at the very least (if they bring crew back) you shouldn't be able to have him be bought. Or even have him only get VC from actual crew or park games. Just because it keeps the competitive nature of the mode.

Just like real ball, you're not just born great. Obviously people like Lebron have the body, but they still had to put in work. That's what My Career was all about when it was first introduced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #6
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
There's no way to say this without sounding like an a$$ but in my eyes all I can say is oh well.

I understand why you wanna come on and be just as competitive, and from that standpoint it makes sense. But from my eyes, as a competitive player, it's just not fair to us that have the time and have put the work in to have someone pay just to be as good.

It's different if you don't play online, but I feel like at the very least (if they bring crew back) you shouldn't be able to have him be bought. Or even have him only get VC from actual crew or park games. Just because it keeps the competitive nature of the mode.

Just like real ball, you're not just born great. Obviously people like Lebron have the body, but they still had to put in work. That's what My Career was all about when it was first introduced.
the more i think about it i agree with not allowing purchased players to be online. it wouldnt affect me anyways lol. and i personally try to play as realistically as possible even against the cpu.

that being said i would love to be able to play any way i want offline. you brought up players working their whole life to become great but in the game we dont start as a kid. we start as an adult entering the draft with a single game to prove ourselves against other standouts. if were already good enough to be drafted then we should be rated higher than 60 to start.

again this is just my opinion but i think we should be able to choose a type of player we want to be (offline only of course). for example if i wanted i should be able to come in and be dominant almost immediately like lebron or choose to fill out my career as a spot up shooter a la ray allen. at the very least our athleticism at the beginning of the career should be near its peak. how many nba players have entered the draft with a nine second 40 yard dash time and cut it in half by the all star break?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
Banned

2K is something else with these stat caps? I mean my point guard's stat cap for a pass is 92? Really?

All because you want us to pay for these training boosts? Completely ridiculous.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:09 AM   #8
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
the more i think about it i agree with not allowing purchased players to be online. it wouldnt affect me anyways lol. and i personally try to play as realistically as possible even against the cpu.

that being said i would love to be able to play any way i want offline. you brought up players working their whole life to become great but in the game we dont start as a kid. we start as an adult entering the draft with a single game to prove ourselves against other standouts. if were already good enough to be drafted then we should be rated higher than 60 to start.

again this is just my opinion but i think we should be able to choose a type of player we want to be (offline only of course). for example if i wanted i should be able to come in and be dominant almost immediately like lebron or choose to fill out my career as a spot up shooter a la ray allen. at the very least our athleticism at the beginning of the career should be near its peak. how many nba players have entered the draft with a nine second 40 yard dash time and cut it in half by the all star break?
Yea I made a defensive small forward and his speed and quickness were in like the low 60's and it costs so much to put it up. Like 2K knows people will get frustrated and just wanna purchase VC at a certain point.

It would be cool if certain stories were scripted differently:

Let's say the stats stay the same when you first make your guy and you're still like a 63, but if you play really well in the showcase and get drafted top 5 you get like a 10,000 VC bonus and can start right away.

If you do okay you get like a 5,000 bonus get drafted mid first round and come off the bench.

Play poor, only get like 1,000 VC and have to struggle to get into the rotation.

So basically like 3 different stories in 1 and really 10,000 VC to spend ONLY on your My Career isn't gonna do too much (probably only get you to a 75 at most).

So people wouldn't have to worry about buying VC that way, but if you still want a challenge you could purposely tank the showcase and be a low 60 and try and build your way up.

Wishful thinking for sure tho..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »