Home

Any good videos or tutorials on how to run a good motion or freelance offense?

This is a discussion on Any good videos or tutorials on how to run a good motion or freelance offense? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Any good videos or tutorials on how to run a good motion or freelance offense?

I know Da Czar had a video explaining motion, but didn't really put out ways to run a continuity offense with it. I always run space the floor with either high pick and roll or quick post up or iso. Basic stuff. I also do sets like Floppy's, Horns, CNR, etc. I'd like to learn more about the motion and freelance offense in this game.

I am not sure what freelance exactly is nor have I messed with it much. I know the theory behind it, but I don't know if it is actually applicable in this game.

Motion I have messed with a few times, but I feel like there are not enough off ball screens and cutting for me to run it the entire game. I feel like it hinders my pick and roll offense, because guys will only cut randomly and it disrupts the rhythm and spacing that a pick n roll requires.

I'd almost rather run a flex type of offense, like the Jazz used to and that the Pacers show some sets of, if I want to have a constant type of motion offense with some continuity.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

For mycareer....I don't need to do much else besides space the floor, but for GM mode I'd like to run a more complex and discipline offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any good videos or tutorials on how to run a good motion or freelance offense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNV...ature=youtu.be

In this video I am running a heavy pick and roll space the floor offence with Spurs. I can flow from one PnR to the next in transition or in half court with tons of motion and continiuty.

I keep my playbook for ball handlers to 10 plays. I have 4 plays that start PnR in the middle and 4 plays that start PnR on the wings; the remaining two plays I have PnRs that start after a swing pass.

My ball handlers are Manu and Parker, I always have green and Lenoard bring up the ball then call a PnR for tony/Manu; this triggers plenty of motion because tony has to go to the spot and get the ball. Once he is there the PnR starts, if nothing comes out of it I call a second pick and roll for tony that starts from his spot or I call one for Manu (which requires an extra pass therefore more motion).

I set my offense to 4-1 spacer the floor.
This is the basic version.

**** can get crazy though in an advance version. if I mix it with freelance offence and specific Poes while letting computer call plays along side my manual play calling. Doing that will achieve some of the best offence and flow you will ever see. I kinda did that with the half time report highlight play I have in the video above.

Sam Pham

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 05-05-2014 at 07:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »