Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #65
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
My man reptile still repping that 2k7 I See. LOL respect fam you are the definition of consistent.

Love KD especially since he just won the MVP and had that other turrible cover experience.

There is a big difference between realistic stopping on a dime and sprinting full speed and change directions with zero slow down or consequences.

#ComeonSon haha

To clarify I dont think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better do t defy the laws of physics soley to give arcade users more control.

Give them more control in a realistic manner.

Pretty much this, thanks Czar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 2

Da Czar, glad to see you're posting in this thread. Your comments pretty much piggybacked what i was trying to clarify with 24th letter, but i digress. Anyhow, Czar, what do you make of the Cover with KD? Do you believe the art is cryptic or its just a plain ole bunch of courts with KD holding a ball and Lightning striking in the background?

one last thing, Czar, are you, or have you ever been a fan of MyCrew Mode and do you feel that finally this is the year it comes back in its true form being played in arenas unlike this year where it was played in streets with no nba rules?
Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
To clarify, I don't think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better don't defy the laws of physics solely to give arcade users more control.

Quoted for truth and an effective use of brevity.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #68
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
I think both of you have some valid points and opinions. I don't mean to question anyone's basketball IQ or awareness but crossovers/dribble moves happen all the time. Watch Chris Paul play ball, great example as they are currently in the Playoffs.
I am pretty sure I watch BBall about just as much as you if not, even more. But like you said, no need to get into that.

I've watched Chris Paul and he doesn't do all types of crossovers every possession. Especially since in the NBA, they are mostly running plays. He does some dribble moves a lot, but they are usually basic moves, he doesn't pull out a double hesitation, behind the back moves or anything like that every possession. The only time you start losing a good amount of stamina is when you start trying to "dance" on someone. If you translated the basic types of moves he does in real life to 2K, it only would take away a little of his stamina. So, I believe the stamina when dribbling is fine. It's not like you do a basic move and you're just fatigued.

People online wouldn't be doing those things. They would be doing all types of crossovers/dribble moves every time they touch the ball. They do it now, so just think if 2K changed the stamina and made you not really lose stamina. I believe it's the perfect counter for telling people you can't just dribble around all game.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quoted for truth and an effective use of brevity.
Here's the thing with Opinions, everyone has one....i wont finish the statement
for effective use of brevity.
Quote:
There is a big difference between realistic stopping on a dime and sprinting full speed and change directions with zero slow down or consequences.

#ComeonSon haha

To clarify I dont think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better do t defy the laws of physics soley to give arcade users more control.

anyhow, just because one guy makes a quote, doesnt make it the TRUTH.

The fact of the matter is, to even say that giving control back to arcade users would suggest that 2k releases an arcade basketball game on an annual basis. Which in fact it DOESN't. This is a sport simulation game, so giving control back to the user, would be giving back to ALL USERS. However the USERS Play style is dependent upon them. Not everyone who picks up these sticks plays the same, but everyone should be given the chance to play a product from 2k thats fun to play, and easy to pick up, but hard to master.

The controls and input timing for Current gen(PS4 & Xbox One) are lacking and need to be addressed. If one thing is certain, It's that we can all agree that 2k's Bread and butter has always been their gameplay. Whether you agree or not is up to you, but in the end, fixing what has been a staple of your flagship sports title shouldnt be considered "angling towards the arcade crowd". It should be more like right the ship and get back to what made us #1 in the first place.

thats all im saying.

Last edited by Mrleaderboards; 05-08-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Here's the thing with Opinions, everyone has one....i wont finish the statement
for effective use of brevity.

anyhow, just because one guy makes a quote, doesnt make it the TRUTH.

The fact of the matter is, to even say that giving control back to arcade users would suggest that 2k releases an arcade basketball game on an annual basis. Which in fact it DOESN't. This is a sport simulation game, so giving control back to the user, would be giving back to ALL USERS. However the USERS Play style is dependent upon them. Not everyone who picks up these sticks plays the same, but everyone should be given the chance to play a product from 2k thats fun to play, and easy to pick up, but hard to master.

The controls and input timing for Current gen(PS4 & Xbox One) are lacking and need to be addressed. If one thing is certain, It's that we can all agree that 2k's Bread and butter has always been their gameplay. Whether you agree or not is up to you, but in the end, fixing what has been a staple of your flagship sports title shouldnt be considered "angling towards the arcade crowd". It should be more like right the ship and get back to what made us #1 in the first place.

thats all im saying.
My apologies for the lack of clarity. It should have read:

"Quoted for the fact that I found your statements firmly grounded in truth. Further, I personally found your clear and concise response to be wonderfully effective and easily conveyed, though I admit not everyone may share such sentiments."
Old 05-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #71
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Da Czar, glad to see you're posting in this thread. Your comments pretty much piggybacked what i was trying to clarify with 24th letter, but i digress. Anyhow, Czar, what do you make of the Cover with KD? Do you believe the art is cryptic or its just a plain ole bunch of courts with KD holding a ball and Lightning striking in the background?

one last thing, Czar, are you, or have you ever been a fan of MyCrew Mode and do you feel that finally this is the year it comes back in its true form being played in arenas unlike this year where it was played in streets with no nba rules?

I have to tell you that The park has made me a believer that crew would be DOPE if they can do it right on this Gen.

I didn't "get" crew back then but after having some great runs in the park in 3v3 and 2v2... I think crew would be unreal with real arena's and rules and jerseys. I think that would be the future for Competitive E sports as far as hoop goes.

I would even be down with Rucker type tournaments for crew vs crew battles but I know everyone wants Arena's and Jersey's and rules and I do too.

As far as the cover you never know if the Marketing guys are just being creative or if it is a unified plan to be cryptic. I really really hope they bring it back. I know I have talked to everyone who would listen from the President on down as to how important that mode is to the real fans of the game.

But Czar has seen the crew lights fam LOL. I mean it is SOOOO dope when you get a good run in vs other ballers I can't even imagine what 5 vs 5 in real gyms with real rules would feel like. Especially if 2k can (fingers double crossed) finally conquer their online demons.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am pretty sure I watch BBall about just as much as you if not, even more. But like you said, no need to get into that.

I've watched Chris Paul and he doesn't do all types of crossovers every possession. Especially since in the NBA, they are mostly running plays. He does some dribble moves a lot, but they are usually basic moves, he doesn't pull out a double hesitation, behind the back moves or anything like that every possession. The only time you start losing a good amount of stamina is when you start trying to "dance" on someone. If you translated the basic types of moves he does in real life to 2K, it only would take away a little of his stamina. So, I believe the stamina when dribbling is fine. It's not like you do a basic move and you're just fatigued.

People online wouldn't be doing those things. They would be doing all types of crossovers/dribble moves every time they touch the ball. They do it now, so just think if 2K changed the stamina and made you not really lose stamina. I believe it's the perfect counter for telling people you can't just dribble around all game.
I dont think i really have a problem with the stamina...i think i have a problem with the actual player movement and being able to effectively move around crossover dribble and leave my defender, and the passing more so than anything. Rebounding as well is a problem for me because they have taken away the controls from the user and its more like a mini movie watching as the user has NO CONTROL whatsoever once the ball is in the air. I dont know...i'll just pray that this was the 1st year in next gen and that they are going to vastly improve this year with at least another year under their belt of experience with both new systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »