Home

NBA 2K1: Animation and Sig Moves Request

This is a discussion on NBA 2K1: Animation and Sig Moves Request within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #9
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K1: Animation and Sig Moves Request

I agree with the poster above who said Westbrook needs those power lay ups.

Also, players need 2 sig jumpers. One from inside he arc, the other from outside.

Players have very different shooting form on 3s compared to mid range 2s
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

I would love to see all these lay-up and contact shots in the game but unfortunetly their working on Mo-cap dancing for the Park for 2k15 sorry lol
Old 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I really agree with the "weaving" lay ups suggestion.

It should be a chess match at the rim...with punishment for the offensive player selecting the wrong lay up and the same for the defenders decision...

It'd also take away the randomness of foul calls...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Just watching the Clippers Thunder game atm, 2K really needs to do justice to Westbrook. We need more power layups. Too many of the layups that are currently in the game are what you would do in a layup line. He needs his own signature running style as well. When he drives, he's really throwing the ball in front of him and charging at the basket like a bull at a matador.

I agree that certain players should have animations just for them, and not other players.

I also think that they should limit the animations for players who are not finishers or who only finish in limited ways.

However, we need to make sure that these animations and their success rates are tied into the real life percentages via Sports VU. Sometimes ESPN and highlights will make you think a player is better at doing something than he really is. If you looked at the success rate of Westbrook or a player like Lillard on drives you would be surprised. Certain players don't finish on drives as well as you might think. Look at the percentages.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingD...&sortOrder=DES

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 05-14-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #13
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't understand why they remove signature moves out of previous 2K's anyways. I feel they should just keep building.

They've took out a lot of shot animations, Layups like Steve Nashes and etc. They should just keep adding to the library.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I don't understand why they remove signature moves out of previous 2K's anyways. I feel they should just keep building.

They've took out a lot of shot animations, Layups like Steve Nashes and etc. They should just keep adding to the library.
I thought maybe they interact poorly with new elements being introduced. For instance, when the iso-motion was revamped (I think in 2K12 or 2K13), many signature dribbling packages were removed to allow for the seamless introduction and response of the new right-stick dribbling.

As a result, after years of building up great custom ball handling animations, suddenly everyone was dribbling alike again. I still have nightmares of accidentally triggering that behind-the-back, spin-move combo all the time by pressing back on the right stick. I'm betting that could have been the case with some of the other removals as well.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Also, players need 2 sig jumpers. One from inside he arc, the other from outside.

Players have very different shooting form on 3s compared to mid range 2s
They used to have something like that on 2K12, at least the stars had it. I remember Kobe having a spot up 3 shot form that he shoots when someone passes to him, and it's a lot more upright than the one when he's shooting off the dribble or shooting out of triple threat. I also remember that Ray Allen had a leaning 3 shot form, when he would stop at the 3 point line above the break off transition or a fastbreak (like when he broke the 3pt record playing for Celtics vs Lakers), and his momentum meant that his upper body would lean forward slightly. It's little individual bits like this that make the game magical, but 2K have gradually stripped them out of the game, taking away the magic. I also remember that CP3 in 2K11 had a different release for his midrange shot and his 3pt shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As a result, after years of building up great custom ball handling animations, suddenly everyone was dribbling alike again. I still have nightmares of accidentally triggering that behind-the-back, spin-move combo all the time by pressing back on the right stick. I'm betting that could have been the case with some of the other removals as well.
I have no idea why that animation was ever put into the game. When have you EVER seen someone do that in an NBA game? Makes no sense. Also, WTF is with that Steve Nash floater that everyone seems to do which takes about 3 seconds to get off and inevitably gets blocked? Some of the moves in the game, just don't work. I also want them to improve the crossovers, they need to be sharper and allow one to set up a pick and roll smoothly

Last edited by Optik; 05-14-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #16
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

In the video above, you see Hayward with a behind-the-back move to get to the basket. In 2k14, if you try this move inside of the 3-point-arch, you either lose the ball or you go nowhere.

Here you see Burks with a smooth reverse layup through contact. Notice how the ball goes off the glass and not straight to the rim, too. Too many shots down low don't use the glass.

In 2k14, if you drive inside with Rubio, he'll go straight up with a layup-line type of finish that is sure to get blocked. Let him avoid the defender by switching to his left hand like in the video from time-to-time.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »