Home

NBA 2K1: Animation and Sig Moves Request

This is a discussion on NBA 2K1: Animation and Sig Moves Request within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K1: Animation and Sig Moves Request

One move I wish they would get rid of is when your player dribbles between his legs with the same hand when standing still. It's way overdone & happens too often. That move should only be assigned to one or two players in the league. The only players that I've ever seen do that move in real life are CP3, LeBron, & Step Curry. So why is does every player do it in 2K14? Which leads me to my next point, we need more signature isolation dribbles similar to how 2K12 had them. They went away from them when they transitioned to this new dribbling control scheme. They just need to expand on signature dribbling overall. I don't want to see multiple players doing the exact same dribble moves.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #18
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I think one thing that would really help would be to separate each move, like it used to be. Once they rolled up all of the dribble moves into packages, it really cut down on the individuality. There should be different choices for crossovers, double crossovers, behind the back, etc. There should also be a way to select a different animation depending on which hand you're using, so my left to right crossover can be different (my choice) from my right to left crossover.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

A large portion of Kawhi Leonard and Lance Stephenson's dunk repertoire (most often when they jump off of one foot) involves both of them palming the rock statue of liberty style before their finishes. As a result, a lot of their one-footed jams lack in super power and velocity (as palming dunks become more wrist dependent than full arm dependent) but they're pretty identifiable.

Off two feet, their dunks look much more standard (good dunks, but more similar to what other players do - not quite as unique as their one-footed statue of liberties):

Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #20
MVP

We desperately need QUICK JUMP REBOUNDING/BLOCKING ANIMATIONS. Seriously, watch any NBA game,or basketball game, hell go play basketball in real life. People DO NOT, jump for a rebound slowly, or jump, and then take 5 seconds to gather themselves to jump again, unless they fell over someone. Players also do not stumble back 4-5 steps after jumping for a rebound or block, we need more explosiveness/quickness.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #21
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Spoiler

I understand the isomotions being changed because of what you've stated, that's why I didn't talk about dribbling because they went into a whole different direction. But I don't see why some players jumpers and layup and dunk animations had to be taken out.

Like my last example, Steve Nash's layups and also Tony Parker's I believe is gone. I don't see how that would interact poorly with the new elements in the game.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

a very few of the moves are NBA level from post moves to close range shots, to the layups.

The only things that are on point are the dunks and the speed of some of the cross overs.

Look at the difference between the signature step backs ( the ones that were actually mo-capped by nba players) vs the generic ones. Theres a level of difference in the explosiveness.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #23
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i believe most animation packages were removed to cut down on memory usage....since that isnt a problem on next gen, i would expect that there be over 100+ dribble animations, and more layup packages (Id like custom layup packages like we have dunk now, where we could choose our type of euro/spin/hop individually and not use just 1 "type")
Old 05-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #24
Rookie

can we get some of Kyrie Irving's Layups in the game, the moves he got are ridiculous

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »