Home

NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #33
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total of 25 Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Lol, okay and the NBA isn't global? Have you heard about Kobe Bryant in China? Jeremy Lin? The Greek Freak, Manu, Tony Parker, etc.

The NBA is global, and I think it should be in the game. I like the options, as someone said...why complain about more options?

They are trying to increase their fan-base just like the real NBA is, it's a business.
So what exactly have those players to do with european teams being in an NBA game? Absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter if the NBA is global. This is an NBA game and last time I checked, none of these teams are part of the NBA.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

no soundtrack news this late in the year, no news about any new features that they might hinting towards? but yet we get euroleague teams?

i'd even take "we've fixed our online servers", we've also implemented defense and the addition of crew mode on next gen over any other news right now.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #35
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Here we go again. Nobody asked for this and they added more teams that nobody uses. They need to scrap the Euro League teams all together from the game. Those resources could somewhere else that needs them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
2k need to add more classic / retro teams not these European teams. That no one uses this in NBA 2k. N.B.A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This! I don't have a problem with them adding more Euro teams because I understand it from a marketing perspective & them trying to reach a broader audience, but I hope this doesn't take away from the classic teams. 2K needs to make sure they keep classic teams & legends in the game. It would be nice for them to add a few more (Reggie Miller's Pacers, Barkley's Suns, etc..)
Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #37
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
So what exactly have those players to do with european teams being in an NBA game? Absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter if the NBA is global. This is an NBA game and last time I checked, none of these teams are part of the NBA.
Lmao you don't get it, no use arguing.

They are global players, they increase awareness in their respective countries. The NBA is expanding globally and 2K is trying to follow that as well. That's literally all it is, it's a pretty simple concept to grasp. If you can't see the connection between those players I mentioned and European teams then I can't really help you.

Why is everyone freaking out about this? This is a nice addition and a cool concept. If you don't use it, fine. Some people probably love it and it might increase sales elsewhere other than the United States too.

I agree 2K doesn't have the best track record and I'm not advocating for them, I just think it's nice to see.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
I like it, its nice to have the option to play with European teams. Whats the issue? Why would you complain about having MORE options. Plus it could lead to more career mode options.
The only possible issue I would have with this addition is if it ends up being in lieu of improving or adding more NBA classic teams. I feel it is realistic to have that worry, like they'll be trading their "extra team" work from NBA to Euro. And my issue with that, at its core, is that this is an NBA video game, and I would be bummed to see NBA aspects dropped for non-NBA features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Lol, okay and the NBA isn't global? Have you heard about Kobe Bryant in China? Jeremy Lin? The Greek Freak, Manu, Tony Parker, etc.

The NBA is global, and I think it should be in the game. I like the options, as someone said...why complain about more options?
I think some folks (myself included) are weary about non-NBA inclusions because we fear it may mean less emphasis may be placed on actual NBA aspects. For instance, as mentioned above, I think it's reasonable to wonder what the inclusion and concentration of more Euroleague teams may mean for the bolstering of classic NBA teams, featuring real NBA legends, Hall of Famers, teams, courts, and logos.

If 2K was able to say, "Hey! We added more classic teams! And we fixed the heads of the weird looking legends! And Shawn Kemp has his signature cuff dunk! AND we added more Euroleague teams just because we can!"... then that'd be cool. Unfortunately, I believe many feel the Euros will be at the expense of something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
no soundtrack news this late in the year, no news about any new features that they might hinting towards? but yet we get euroleague teams?

i'd even take "we've fixed our online servers", we've also implemented defense and the addition of crew mode on next gen over any other news right now.
For whatever it's worth, May 16 is historically extremely early for any NBA 2K news. I cannot recall a time in the past where we've ever really received something of substance at this point. For instance, the 2k14 soundtrack was not announced last year until the end of July.

That said, if you were just being sarcastic, it went straight over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This! I don't have a problem with them adding more Euro teams because I understand it from a marketing perspective & them trying to reach a broader audience, but I hope this doesn't take away from the classic teams. 2K needs to make sure they keep classic teams & legends in the game. It would be nice for them to add a few more (Reggie Miller's Pacers, Barkley's Suns, etc..)
Wholeheartedly agree. Euros could be fun additions if they were done correctly (they were not last year) but I'd never, ever, ever, ever want their addition to be at the expense of classic NBA teams.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-16-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #39
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

I like this addition, but only if they've made these teams completely editable and they don't use these players likenesses for missing players. Adding more diverse teams and play styles is always a good thing, IMO. They gotta make the atmosphere and court appearance more authentic too.

The addition of more legend/historic teams is dependent on too many variables, so I believe that is a feature that will be decreasing and not increasing.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 05-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #40
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I wouldn't mind if they followed in the footsteps of FIFA and allowed you to select from a huge pool of teams within their own league.

But what their offering is a far cry from what FIFA has. There's well over 25 different leagues in FIFA.

In my opinion unless you can offer the ability to play through different leagues this is nothing more than pandering for a few more overseas buys than a legitimate shot at offering something of real substance.
Agreed, but basketball is a far more difficult game to implement so many leagues and players. And FIFA has been including all these teams since the early to mid 1990's. Maybe in the future 2K can expand this feature to that insane level.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »